Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
November 13, 2012

A.A. Thought For The Day

Who am I to judge other people? Have I proved by my great success in life that I know all the answers? Exactly the opposite. Until I came into A.A., my life could be called a failure. I made all the mistakes a man could make. I took all the wrong roads there were to take. On the basis of my record, am I a fit person to be a judge of my fellow men? Hardly. In A.A. I have learned not to judge people. I am so often wrong. Let the results of what they do judge them. It’s not up to me. Am I less harsh in my judgment of people?

Meditation For The Day

In our time of meditation, we again seem to hear: “Come unto me, all ye that are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Again and again we seem to hear God saying this to us. “Come unto me” for the solution of every problem, for the overcoming of every temptation, for the calming of every fear, for all our need, physical, mental or spiritual, but mostly “come unto me” for the strength we need to live with peace of mind and the power to be useful and effective.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may go to God today for those things which I need to help me live. I pray that I may find real peace of mind.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Needed to see that today. I consciously have to tell myself that I do not have the right to judge other people.

On the other hand, when I feel I am being judged, I constantly tell myself that is OK because what others think of me is frankly none of my business. As much as I would like everyone to enjoy my awesomeness, it cannot be so.

Good meditation today as well. This actually made me think that I not only need to seek God when times are tough, but to also thank God when times are well.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Me being that guy on page 21, I sure could take oppurtunites that I had made and dreams come true. Only to blow them to the moon.

And great to read this today. Even times when I slept outside with no home, I could look at people and tear them down..

Thank you all that came before me to keep these doors open.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I remember back awhile ago I was in treatment, and they took us to an outside meeting. At that meeting I saw someone I knew, and I told him I was scared to go back to meetings when I got out of treatment, because I was scared people were going to judge me, cause I had relapsed yet again. He said to me, "People that judge don't matter, People that matter don't judge." It helped me that night and ever since then. Have a blessed day all.