Notices

Early Recovery - Sponsorship Tips Advice

Old 11-13-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Friends of Bill, great information,BUT could you please use some punctuation. It is very hard to read your posts.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Friend Of Bill View Post
You have to look at your motives for asking so many people are you looking for someone to cosign your BS it's simple chapter 7 page 89 to 103 and by the way the word sponsor doesn't even exist it's not in any dictionary anywhere we need to keep this simple my responsibilities as a sponsor is the only guide another member through the 12 steps so they can do likewise if you want a bit wine moan and complain get a support group all the answers are in our book Alcoholics Anonymous my sponsor said it was the only book I needed to read at the time I could read anything else once I taking the steps and was practicing steps 10 11 and 12 on a daily basis good luck try not to find person who cosines read chapter 7 through and through it tells us on our second visit fr protege has read this volume and is prepared to go through with the 12 steps of the plan of recovery you can offer him much advice tell him you'll be there if he decides to make a decision and talk with someone but is important to do the work first so that you can help another the doctor's opinion there's a solution talks about being properly armed with the facts about yourself in a vision for you you cannot transmit something you haven't got I had to help me to be able to help you good luck
bill, the threads 4 years old and OP hasnt been here in a long time.

have you been looking at your motives for continueing to post here?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well u saw the post just cause it's been dorment we should ignore it. My motives are pure not intended to to be harmful or insulting to anyone. May I ask what's your fear
Old 11-14-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

i have no fears,bill. not today.
i didnt say you were trying to be harmful or insulting. thats on you

better for me to try and help people in meetings and here that are here today than those who havent been there in years. rather nuts to carry the message to someone that cant hear it.

it would simply be false pride and ego flaring if i started thumping the big book addictively to someone that hasnt been around in years.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

One great thing about recovery is that the meeting and the steps are always here, even after someone moves on to another meeting.

That's one of the reasons I always take the most beaten up Big Book at a meeting...more hands have held it.

With no fear I have no need for retaliation today
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

In addition to the Hamilton B text which I find very helpful, take a look at both Joe McQ's books.: Carry This Message: a Guide for Big Book Sponsorship and the other book, The Steps We Took. I have found both of these helpful as well.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

In addition to the Hamilton B text which I find very helpful, take a look at both Joe McQ's books.: Carry This Message: a Guide for Big Book Sponsorship and the other book, The Steps We Took. I have found both of these helpful as well.