Notices

Horrible Weekend

Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ch5 HOW

Horrible Weekend

So life happens, right?

An absolute weekend to forget. That's what this Memorial Day weekend was.

However, I wrote inventory, shared it with two guys, heard a 5th step today, went to a few meetings.

The thought of drinking doesnt come.

Chris R. shared about this on one of the CDs, how he felt like he wanted to die, but during that time, he DID NOT think of drinking.

For someone who loved to drink the way I did, I guess the idea that i was safe and protected this weekend, no matter what my dramas of life were, shows me that the Power is working in my life when I follow what we are supposed to do.

Thanks for letting me share this.

God bless all of you.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Crappy weekend for me too Jets..... glad it's over.

No thought to drink here either, which is a real blessing because there was plenty I would have like to "escape" from.

New tools for dealing with life - that's what the program gives us. And for those times when we just don't know or just don't think to pick up those new tools, God sure does keep us in his graces. I suppose that's a big part of the reason we do so darn much daily maintenance in AA - to prepare ourselves for those "certain dark places" that surely do come.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LetsGoJets,
The good news is that you have the gift of the 10th step promises and the weekend is over. Hopefully the problems were limited to the weekend and will not carry forward into your week. I hope your week is an improvement from your weekend.
Susan
Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank God we learn to live life one day at a time. When it gets tough I focus only on getting through today ... Yes, holiday weekends are the pits, I always think everyone is out having a great time and I'm not. Not true, of course.