SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Where did they go? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/194893-where-did-they-go.html)

TheTruth 02-16-2010 12:51 PM

Where did they go?

I have been reading a lot of earlier posts, it appears there was a group of people in the 12 step forum who carried a solid Big Book based message, it looks like they all stopped posting at once? Anyone know anything about this?

keithj 02-16-2010 12:56 PM

I heard they all got permanently banned for making posts in violation of forum rules, but nobody has said what rules were violated. Kinda spooky. Miss those guys and the message they carried here.

shaun00 02-16-2010 01:14 PM

Maybe ask the mods?
One inparticular was very helpful with experience around difficult/impossible amends..

unfortunatley it get way heated in here sometimes....which is ok i guess.

imo there are a few people that make it there business to get on a 12 steps forum to do one of 2 things.
they either slating AA and or quoting nonsense as fact......

not much harm in that you would think.......?

but picture me 2 weeks sober...........at the end of my rope and i think ill get on this sr thing and check 12 steps.....rather than a solution i see tit for tat sniping....ive already clicked my mouse and im gone...

Clutch B 02-16-2010 01:38 PM

PM them and ask if they're ok.

Sometimes, people just get sick or have a new work schedule.

AA's LOVE to spread rumors. Everyone in my old hometown thought I was drunk and in an asylum. They were shocked to see me last weekend :whisper

Ron1976 02-16-2010 02:05 PM

yeah. what happened. It was because I lurked and read those guys posts that I signed up here. now they are all gone.

Dee74 02-16-2010 02:59 PM

It's not now, nor has it ever been, the policy here to talk about people who are no longer members or the circumstances in which they left.

I'm sure you'll all appreciate the same courtesy should any of you ever leave.

Email them - they'll tell you the story. :)

D

CarolD 02-16-2010 04:53 PM

Before everyone gets all a twitter over this "new" member

yeah. what happened. It was because I lurked and read those guys posts that I signed up here. now they are all gone.
He's not....:no:

This is from one of the recently banned members.
One of the "I work an honest program by the book" guys.
Claims years of recovery.

Tsk! Tsk! yet another attempt to disrupt our Forum.
To pull us into a "us and them" mentallity.
And it's a lie to boot!

CarolD 02-16-2010 05:31 PM

Members lose their privledges to be a part of SR
for not following our SR Policies Rules and Guidelines.
This includes banned members who have come back
with different user names to cause more disruption...

In the years that SR has been a positive force
for recovery.....we have had countless members
come and go.

A very small minority have been banned for not
following our guidelines.

Very simple....no mystery....:)