SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Because I'm crabby I need to list (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/190485-because-im-crabby-i-need-list.html)

LegalLady 12-15-2009 08:37 AM

Because I'm crabby I need to list

somethng to be grateful for. So I'm gonna start with my health and the fact that my cat licked my nose today for about five minutes. My mother would have thought that was gross but I thought it was comforting. So, I'm grateful for my health and my nose licking cat.

I'm still a crabby but I need to be grateful. Anyone else need to be grateful cause they are in a funk.

So here is to nose licking cats everywhere. Whatcha got?

McGowdog 12-15-2009 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by LegalLady (Post 2460418)
somethng to be grateful for. So I'm gonna start with my health and the fact that my cat licked my nose today for about five minutes. My mother would have thought that was gross but I thought it was comforting. So, I'm grateful for my health and my nose licking cat.

I'm still a crabby but I need to be grateful. Anyone else need to be grateful cause they are in a funk.

So here is to nose licking cats everywhere. Whatcha got?

I've got a cat that plays the piano and messages your neck. I'm grateful that I'm free of booze and don't want to drink it and that I can help others that want/need help.

CAPTAINZING2000 12-15-2009 09:10 AM

Every day, I'm 6 foot up and not 6 foot under is a great day :)

LegalLady 12-15-2009 09:10 AM

And you helped me by posting that because I needed someone to respond to my my post. Whether you know it or not you made me feel good. And right now I need that. Thanks bud.

least 12-15-2009 09:13 AM

Not only does my one cat lick my nose and hand and anything else he can reach, my one dog does too. Very comforting to me that they still love me no matter what a loser I think I am.

55438 12-15-2009 09:29 AM

Our two cats are wrapped up together like the yin/yang symbol under the christmas tree. There are so many gifts available to us. All we have to do is see them.

Gotta love those nose-licking cats, so 'in your face' they are hard not to notice.

rockworm 12-15-2009 09:32 AM

I don't have any cats, but I have two dogs. One is an 8 yr old Shi Tzu who we call the therapy dog. She weighs 9 pounds and will climb on the lap of anyone who is feeling down. I bring sponsees to the house and plunk her on their lap. Amazing how quickly a person cheers up. She rolls over on her back to have her tummy rubbed and then paws your hand if you stop. It certainly takes your mind off your problems.

My other dog is a one year old Cairn Terrier. While he may not be a therapy dog, he is certainly entertaining. He is a little goof-ball always keeps us laughing.

I am grateful that they are around for us and others.

McGowdog 12-15-2009 09:39 AM

Welcome to SR rockworm. Like your other post too.

My other cat does that pawing on your arm to get you to pet him too. He's a big ole Maine Coon.

LegalLady 12-15-2009 09:54 AM

Ha, I feel better already. Animals make me giggle. I want to rub the doggies tummy and I want a neck massage. My cat likes to play fetch but only when HE wants to and he quits when HE wants to. He also never shuts up. Just talks and talks and talks but I never know what he's saying. Although I always assume its about me.

shaun00 12-15-2009 10:04 AM

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1023/george013.jpg

no cats but plenty of dogs.........along with this new guy..
animals have the ability to make me smile on the most difficult days..

LegalLady 12-15-2009 10:27 AM

I just tried to post my cat it didn't work. Boo hoo. I'm not computer savvy.

CAPTAINZING2000 12-15-2009 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by LegalLady (Post 2460532)
I just tried to post my cat it didn't work. Boo hoo. I'm not computer savvy.

have you got a picture of him saved on your computer? I use image host. Not sure what everyone else uses but, it's not hard to load up a picture on there. Just go to image host site and on the right hand side of the page you imbed a picture from your computer and your picture will be displayed. Not hard to do at all

CarolD 12-15-2009 12:41 PM

No pets for me these days.....but....
my son arrived with a Pizza...:laughing:

Grateful for unexpected blessings

Sugah 12-15-2009 12:48 PM

I'm grateful because my indoor/outdoor kitties are enjoying their indoor season and haven't peed on the carpet yet!

Peace & Love,
Sugah

Clutch B 12-15-2009 02:01 PM

I'm grateful for the people on this website :)

I suppose I'm also grateful for my cat too, even though she's a mean little landlord with razor teeth and claws!

I'd better go feed her now, or else she'll kill me in my sleep tonight :Xmasjstar

CarolD 12-15-2009 05:26 PM

FYI.....we do have a Forum dedicated to Gratitude
if you want to have a change in attitude....:)

The Gratitude List - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Everyone is welcome to join in..:yup:

EuroDrunk 12-16-2009 03:56 AM

Gratefull for this post, reminding me of the power of canine therapy...

freya 12-16-2009 03:11 PM

...grateful for wonderful program women in my life; for all of the support, wisdom, and validation I receive from them; and for the opportunities to give the same back...

...grateful for my kitties and all of their infuriating idiosyncrasies...

...grateful for my 2 boys (22 and 24) who have agreed to cook Indian food for Christmas dinner this year! (It's just so cool to see how excited and eager they are to do this and all of the plans they are coming up with!)...

...grateful for my electric matress-pad because it is sooooooo friggin' cold here right now!

freya

Rowan 12-16-2009 04:15 PM

I'm grateful to have come out of a deep depression sober and strong.