SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   I was fired!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/132176-i-fired.html)

Tazman53 09-06-2007 05:55 AM

I was fired!!!

LOL Not really, simply replaced. Meeting ended last night and I am talking to my grandsponsor and I notice a fairly new guy cleaning up the coffee pots!!! I asked my grandsponsor why he was cleaning up? He said that maybe my sponsor had suggested he take that position!!

I am not upset at all by it, I know that he needed the service position more then I do right now. Of course now I need to find a new service position, I am going to wait until my schedule settles down and see if one of our coffee makers wants to retire!!!

CarolD 09-06-2007 05:59 AM

Well Taz....
Who is cleaning the er ah other pots?
:)

Tazman53 09-06-2007 06:33 AM

Luckily we do not have any service positions like that!!!!

gypsytears 09-06-2007 06:35 AM

Jeez Taz! I don't usually come down here to the 12 step section but this caught my eye and I was worried. For a sec. I thought it was seriously your job. Whew. Carry on :).

best 09-06-2007 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tazman53 (Post 1476465)
I asked my grandsponsor why he was cleaning up? He said that maybe my sponsor had suggested he take that position!!

or maybe he doesn't use spit polish. Told ya people wouldn't like that idea no matter how much a shine you could put on the pots *LOL*

Astro 09-06-2007 08:31 AM

Yeah Taz, I hang onto my service commitments tooth and nail, but I've also been thinking it'd be nice to pass along some of it to the newcomers. After all, I could always wipe down tables instead of greeting or emptying the trash;-)

Cripes, I thought you had lost your job. Don't do that!! Lol

parentrecovers 09-06-2007 08:36 AM

i'm sure the severance package is generous.

BigSis 09-06-2007 08:52 AM

Perhaps you can file a grievance with the union?

:)

((hugs))

barb dwyer 09-06-2007 10:32 PM

in our group - people take turns walking around pouring during the meeting. it's funny sometimes, there's almost a LINE waiting to grab the pot and make another round.

Tazzle, I thought you meant your sponsee fired you!
I'm like Gypsy - Wtf?
:lmao

Tazman53 09-10-2007 03:42 AM

All is well, service positions I am learning are part of passing it on. My sponsee took over one of my service positions, well he is out of town for a few weeks so I covered Friday for him and the chair asked for volunteers to fill in for him this coming Friday, well I am sitting there thinking to myself "No big deal, I will handle it Friday and then my sponsee will pick it back up when he gets back. Well a new guy came up to me after the meeting and said he would do it. What could I say? I explained that it was just for that one Friday and he was still grinning.

Friday I will talk to him and see if he wants another service position and find out who his sponsor is to where we can work together to find him another service position. Funny thing how cleaning coffee pots, making coffee, or setting up a meeting helps one stay sober.

Sugah 09-10-2007 06:51 AM

I know in my area, Taz, there are always committees that can use an extra pair of hands. How about PI? Public Information? Our district is two counties wide, and I can never get enough people to make sure doctors offices, schools, libraries, mental health facilities, employment agencies, motels, laundromats, etc...have meeting lists and literature.....

;)

Peace & Love,
Sugah

Tazman53 09-10-2007 06:57 AM

Thanks Sugah, I was thinking about taking over the monthly newsletter in my area, but that is an area I will have to look into also.