Notices

Fire Update

Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Fire Update

Hi everyone-

Thank you ALL for the prayers - it got fairly HAIRY around here the past few days.

Now we've got TWO members on 'evacuate at any moment' notice ... so keep them prayers a - comin' y'all. We had to organize groups to help move one lady's stuff, it's just amazing. Sort of a 'drop of the hat' kind of thing. The fire's jumping everywhere, in steep country, and the wind is turning it all kinds of directions. The fire crews had to be pulled from the mountain behind her house (I'm talking a several hundred acre ranch, not like she walks out on the porch and looks straight up kind of thing) because there's only one way in or out, and the fire is jumping.

I left the windows down on the car last night and sure enough - we got SOME rain, not much though. Certainly not enough. But it did slow things down here locally.

We've got air warnings here, I'm off to the doctor in the am to get an asthma thingy ... when the state was on fire back in '99, I had to get one. I woke up today and knew it was time to go to the doc. We've all gotten used to the smell of smoke -I'd forgotten all about having to do that.

We had word from the boys from the group over in Idaho - it's not growing, but hardly considered 'contained', either... I don't know what that means - only that no one has gotten hurt and that's the only thing I was listening for. All of them are 'new' to forest firefighting, and regardless their 'bravado - *I* have been around this kind of thing off and on for fourteen years. So I can't help but worry. They're in a State they're not familiar with, in country they've basically been 'dropped' into ... doing a job they've not done before, and only trained for a few weeks ... not acclimated ... I'm such a mother hen. I LOVE these guys ...they're my 'homies' ya know?

God's Will.

Firefighters in that kind of situation depend on their supervisors, their supervisors depend on their crew cheifs, they depend on somene else ... and so on. I've personally been praying that the chain of command remains not only in tact, but vigilant for their safety first ...

It *has* made for some 'family Bible illustrations' sunsets, however. The colors are incredible. Were I to paint it, you'd say it looked overdone. Fake - ee. No kidding.

Thank you all for the PM's, prayers and concern - This is a great prayer circle!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's trying to rain tonight - I went outside and rolled down my windows again... that usually works to make it go ahead and rain.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Didn't say it before, Barb, but I read the other thread on the fire, and you and all your neighbors are in my prayers.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

doing a rain dance, k
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys !!!

I think they had some rain over in Idaho ... so good JOB !!! No one is hurt, and that's the big matter.
60 more evcuated in the Wolf Creek fire
(I almost bought land up there years ago - it's beautiful)
'Gates of the Mountains' - mostly closed off ...
that's the area that was 'location' for
"Legends of The Fall' for anyone who saw that flick.

Thank you, everyone. I see that lots have come on and read the posts.
I so believe in the power of prayer.

Prayers included for you down in TX and all the flooding, as well!