Notices

Big Book Quote

Old 08-01-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Big Book Quote

"Heaven knows, we have tried hard enough and long enough to drink like other people. Here are some of the methods we have tried: Drinking beer only, limiting the number of drinks, never drinking alone, never drinking in the morning, drinking only at home, never having it in the house, never drinking during business hours, drinking only at parties, switching from scotch to brandy, drinking only natural wines, agreeing to resign if ever drunk on the job, taking a trip, not taking a trip, swearing off forever (with and without a solemn oath), taking more physical exercise, reading inspirational books, going to health farms and sanitariums, accepting voluntary commitment to asylums--we could increase the list ad infinitum."

~ Alcoholics Anonymous 1st Edition More About Alcoholism pg-31
c- Alcoholics anonymous World Services, INC.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

love this part. for some reason, and i dont know why, when i 1st read this i said to myself, "welp, i havent been to sanitariums or assylums, but i could have ended up there!"
i think it was from hearing others in meetings who had the same thinking as me but went further down the scale and were locked up ( only to walk out and get drunk again) and i knew i was elligible,too.