New Here

Old 06-24-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Smile New Here

Hi to all ~

I just found this forum the other day and I am happy to be here. For now I want to say I am a 43 Y/O married and mother of 2 teens. I am a adult child who had both alcoholic parents. My mother is a recovering alcoholic and my father died several years ago of alcoholism at the young age of 56. I have a few friends who are alcoholics and have had a friend just die on June 5 for this as well.

I just wanted to introduce myself briefly and want to read the board before I begin posting more. Thank you for this site.

I look forward to getting you know you better.

Samz
Old 06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome Samz

Sorry to here about your losses.
I know you will find a wonderful group of people here.
Sit, read, and take what ever you feel will help you on your journey.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Samz, glad to have you join us.

I'm sorry to hear how much alcoholism has affected your life. Loosing friends and family to this disease is awful. The good news is that there is all kinds of programs, books and support to help us overcome and grow from all those hardships.

Welcome again

Mike
Old 06-25-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Talking Thank you!

Hi best & Mike ~

Thank you so much for the welcome! This looks like a great board for support. It's going to be great to have a place to share my feeling about this disease and how it effected my life and still does. I know it is going to be hard for me to get stared talking about all this. Over time you will find that I am not often for a loss for words or talking. I just don't know where to start????? Please bare with me on this. I am not a stranger to support boards by any means as I moderate several spine problems/chronic pain, and FM boards. I actually own my own Spine problems support board. That is another story. I really do look forward to getting to know all of you and getting out the stuff I have bottled up inside me all these years.

Thank you again for the warm welcome.

Samz
Old 06-25-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there Samz,

Originally Posted by Samz
... I know it is going to be hard for me to get stared talking about all this. Over time you will find that I am not often for a loss for words or talking. I just don't know where to start?????...
Know the feeling. After a lifetime of keeping everything inside I found myself unable to identify _what_ I was feeling, never mind find words to explain it.

...Please bare with me on this. ...
No prob. We all deal with this stuff at our own pace. Share whenever you're ready. You might want to browse thru the "sticky" posts at the top of the forum. There's also great material in the "Friends and Family" forum as well as the "nar-anon" forum. You'll notice that weekends are kinda slow around here, folks are busy with their real lives. Come 'round Monday the rest of the gang will pop in and things will start buzzing

... I moderate several spine problems/chronic pain, and FM boards. I actually own my own Spine problems support board. ...
Wow. You sound incredibly busy. That's awesome that you are so active in other internet support groups, good for you.

Mike
Old 06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Add my welcome to the list. Will look forward to your postings.

Dolly
Old 06-25-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. Quite of few of us Adult Children who regularly read and post. I hope you find support, ideas and a sense of not being alone here.