thinking in circles

Old 10-07-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thinking in circles

I found this online group by accident. I did attend an ACOA meeting twice, it was a very small group, 5 people, that had been meeting for a long time so I really don't think I received much benefit from attending. I always thought I dealt only with an alcoholic stepfather that moved in when I was 12; 6 months after my dad died. Now I'm thinking my mom was a dry drunk. Anyway, I have a lot of similar problems that others write about. I've gone to counceling which helped with some stuff, but probably left me open to more of this stuff? I am the oldest, very responsible, too serious, over sensitive, etc etc cry over everything, eat over everything struggled with weight issues
I want to know how others have coped with learning to trust. I have met a few people on the internet, possible type relationships. They want to meet me in person. I'm afraid, (the not being accepted thing) to meet as it is a good relationship through emails, then I go to the other end, that maybe they want to meet me because I have a good job, am responsible and they want someone to support them/ and their kid. I have met others from the internet only to have them turn out disastrous-I always blamed it on the others, but am now thinking it is a lot more my stuff. you attract what you put out?
I am 50 and still not "well"
Old 10-08-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have found that the more I trust in my HP, the more I trust others.

As for online dating, do your research, trust your gut, and don't do anything unless you are absolutely comfortable with it. Maybe e-mail is the way to go until you are comfortable with the idea of meeting the person IRL. Have fun with your online dating! Maybe that is what you need right now.