Followup to my last post (technical difficulties)

Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Followup to my last post (technical difficulties)

Okay, I'm having technical difficulties here. I am able to start new threads, but not post replies to other threads, or to thread I already started. I sent an email to the administrators, hoping to work this out.

Anyway, Kat, I am 27. It's been two years since my last post that stated my age as 25. I originally posted my story, but didn't stick around to get any real support. I guess I wasn't really ready, I was just toying with the idea that maybe there was something deeper to my feelings than I had previously admitted to myself. I remember sitting there writing those things, and feeling like it was someone else. I was still very codependent (I think it's the right term) and wasn't ready to stop mothering my mother. I've made big strides since then, but part of that is realizing that there is still so much further to go. I've had some counceling since then, and I've made huge changes in my life.

I REALLY hope my technical difficulties with the website get solved soon, because I want to reply to so many of the posts that have touched me already.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bers-

Welcome back!! *smile*

Did you find a support group while you were away? I'm glad to know that you didn't just fall off the face of the earth and that you have made great strides in the past two years.

Keep coming back and I'm sure admin will respond shortly with any technical difficulties you're having. Sometimes posting and responding can be tricky.

Good to see you're working on "you". I wish you well in your journey.

Kat-
Old 07-11-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It looks like my technical difficulties have been resolved. YAY!

I did not find a support group. I've been to private therapy when my issues began to manifest as really scary panic attacks. It was that therapy that led me to cut the apron strings so-to-speak with my mom. She's finally on her own for the first time in her life, as far I know. She's actually making it without me holding her hand, what a surprise. It's like now I'm at the point where I don't have to take care of her anymore, and I'm kind of looking around thinking, okay, what now? And I don't know the answer.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bers-

Oh I know that feeling very well. "Looking around thinking, okay, what now"?

That's when you begin the journey of "you"....I wish you well on your way! It's a journey learning and enjoying "you". Learning about yourself and enjoying that wonderful feeling of "stretching your wings", after being held captive in the "cocoon" for so long.

It's amazing to find that they can actually survive without your hand, isn't it?

I remember the stage of "wow, why didn't I do this years ago"? I learned that holding "her" hand was all I knew. The freedom of "cutting the apron strings" took a bit for me to get used to, but I did it!

Enjoy the journey! *smile*

Kat-