I'm mad about socks!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm mad about socks!!!

Yes socks! My Mom divorced my Dad when I was around eight years old, She met some loser guy who eventually became my stepdad. .My Dad paid his child support on time. Guess what that child support went to? My Moms Vodka of course!
So where does the socks part come in? many times I had to wear my stepdads big old mens socks to school because we were pretty much poor. So now that I'm almost thirty three years old and it all of a sudden out of the blue strikes me That Heck yea I could of owned some better socks if my Mother had only spent child support on socks instead of Vodka!!!!

I think I just needed to vent a little tonight. (I'm usually a lurker)
Old 06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((musicforthesoul)))

Let it out honey...
Old 06-04-2005, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo... you can get some really cool socks now that you're almost 33! You can have, like, sock parties---no, sock FIESTAS!--seven days a week!

Yay socks!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I get it...those small things surface from time to time and then, dammit, we have to put it where it belongs one more time.

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Music,

I am with you 100%! There are so many times that I DON'T do things for myself because I used to think (hmmm wonder why) that I didn't need or deserve them. Now I bask in the nurturing of buying little "gifts" for myself.

And yes, nice socks is definitly one of them!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its posh toilet rolls for me.

Same story though...alcoholism when growing up at home meant newspapers, book pages, etc....so now i have a cupboard full of the thickest, plushest toilet rolls. The supply of new rolls has to exceed demand in order for me to remain secure.

But socks, well that is way cool! So much opportunity to have so many great socks. I love it.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do know what you mean though....i just think i am over it all and then it creeps up and bites me on the ass when i am least expecting it.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Michelle

Panties for me

I remember I didn't have many panties. Isn't that silly?? Now I have so many panties that I don't know what to do with them all.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for the laughs you guys! i am just trying to understand why i Don't buy things i really need. Like a dang dustpan! how many years can a woman go without a dustpan? and why would she go without one for so long? they are not expensive. I finally bought myself one. i felt empowered to do so. go figure!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Escape artist--

Congratulations on the dustpan. Now, remember not to bludgeon anyone with it...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm....

I made a recent purchase. I acted like a little girl in a shoe store. Remember those "Buster Brown" shoes? Well, these don't have a back to them and they have this really cute adjustable strap, leather even! I never did get those "Rust Red Buster Brown" shoes I wanted as a little girl...however, I did find a very cute pair of black leather, backless, flower cut out front, type of buster brown shoes. I kept asking my household members (my eldest looking at me as if I had lost my mind), "Don't you think these are adorable?" ............ okay, so I got a tad excited...the little girl came out....sue me! *smile*

Kat-
Old 06-10-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I usually don't regress back to my childhood and morn about not having all of the luxories that the other kids with the "Normal" mom's had, Just every now and then I find myself dwelling on how I wish my childhood could have been normal.

My Mom died from the effects of alcoholisim when I was twenty three, I remember thinking as a child that my mom was going to die soon because of the drinking. I was probably eight or so, Isn't it funny what an eight year old of an alcoholic has to think about.

Anyways...Even after almost ten years I'm still in the pissed off stages of losing my mom so I guess every now and then something pops up that makes no sense today.

I'll get over it...I know I will I've learned how to let things go from the past that hamper things today.. I think I just need to express myself every now and then.

Thanks for letting me let go and for sharing your own past.

Peace~Love~Happiness