Having No Mom At All

Old 05-20-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Having No Mom At All

Hi Everyone,

This too may be a place that I can let out some of the things that I have held in for so long. I don't really remember a lot of my childhood atleast up to the age of 10. I do know that my parents were both alcoholics and that my mom and dad were never togeather. I was one of nine children and fit in the middle and out of the nine there were only three of us that were boys.

Alot of things have happened in my life, I was raised basically by my sisters because my mom was always at the bar or in bed with some guy who knows who but I really don't think to much of those days. Maybe it is because I am afraid of that life. I was taken away from my real mom at the age of 8 years old and was a state ward. I stayed with some of my moms friends for two years. After that I was put into a foster home and God knows that these people were absolutely wonderful.. They tried there best to teach me the right ways to go in life but we all must choose our own direction.

I stayed with them for 5 years and stole my forster moms car at the age of 15. I know that it wass hard for her but I felt as if I have been hurting people my whole life, and I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. I still feel that part of my childhood was my fault but I know that isn't true. My foster dad died the second year I was there at age 12. I woke up one day and say him laying out on the floor with the phone in his hand. My foster mom was gone for the weekend. I will never forget that day.

After that I was put in a group home where you lived in boys and girls dorms.
It wasn't so bad but I never did have a normal childhood. Of course normal is just a cycle on a washing machine nothing more than that. I kept on with life as I have for the last 30 years since then and still don't know where I am going but I do know that back in them days it was probably hard for a single mom to raise nine kids. I am sure it put a lot of presure on her and I truely belive that she did the best that she could. I never knew my mom or dad but I feel that whatever happened happened for a reason.

I told myself that my kids would never grow up without a dad and today because of the choices that I made they are growing up without a dad. I am so sick of what I have put them trough but I can't change the past all I can do is try to do what is right today.

Even though I don't know you mom and dad and you are both dead I want you to know that I love and miss ya

Your son Vic
Old 05-20-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Vic,
Each new day affords new opportunities, keep trying to do what is right for your children, today. We all make mistakes, it's not what we have done, it's how we handle it, now.

I too am a product of a horrible childhood, it is up to me to forgive and make a good life for myself and my loved ones. I work everyday to be a better person then my parents were.

I wish you peace & happiness,

Dolly