Looking for information...Hope someone can help

Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for information...Hope someone can help

Hi Everyone,

I just found this board and am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I'm hoping this will be a small part in my recovery.

I grew up with my mother's alcoholisim, After many years of health problems including a liver transplant I lost her when I was only twenty three. Even after all the hell she put me through all my life I miss her deeply and will never be able to fill the hole that was left in my heart. But....Being the codependant person that I am I went right out and found someone else to add to my life with addiction issues! and of course I married him.

Well...he's been working really hard on his own recovery and doing really well at it, A big part of it is because we are expecting our first child any day now. Seeing how hard my husband is working on his recovery has finaly made me want to take the step to put my own issues away. For myself, my brand new son and of course my husband.

So I'm hoping someone here can help me out with some information. I've looked all around the internet for some information regarding al-anon meetings in my area (Southeast Michigan) and I can't seem to find anything that's current and up to date, If anybody knows of a good Link to where I could find information on meetings I sure would appreciate it.

Again...I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone around here. Have a wonderfull day...

Peace~Love~Happiness
Old 03-18-2005, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey MFTS, have you tried this site?
http://www.detroitafg.addr.com/meeti...ing_search.php
Old 03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Hi music, and welcome to SR. I'd suggest trying out the link Gabe posted, and maybe even looking in the phone book for number listings.

I'm in S.E. MI also, and I know there are a bunch of meetings in this area, at all times of the day/night too.

Good luck, and again, Welcome.

Old 03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You for the help...It seems as if I have a lot of choices! I wonder why I had such a hard time finding anything?

Take Care.

Peace~Love~Happiness
Old 03-18-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Perhaps it's the old "student's ready, teacher appears" thing...?

Welcome to SR, music! I look forward to hearing more from ya!

Peace...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

Welcome...Recovery is possible and keep posting. SoberRecovery is a blessing for me. Al-anon and reading Melody Beattie Codependents' Guide to the Twelve Steps helped me on my path of recovery. My mother is also alcoholic. Blessings to you and your family.