St. John's Wort useful for me?

Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

St. John's Wort useful for me?

Hi, all... some of you know me. I am a very codepenent ACOA. I have asked in a previous thread about what you thought about meds. I drink very little, so that is not a problem. My therapist and I decided to forgo the meds in order to keep a clear head.

But with the holidays coming and still being so sad about being alone for Christmas without my ex-fiancee, I did some research and started taking St. John's Wort. I needed something as I wasn't functioning at work or home! I am going to talk to my therapist tonight about it.

What experiance with this over the counter herbal med does anyone have? I have only taken it for 5 days now, so it really hasn't kicked in yet.

Blessings,
Old 12-23-2004, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi...I know really very little about it except to say even with herbs we have to watch how much is taken.

Blessings back!
Hugs,
JT
Old 12-23-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you do some internet research, I do believe there are cautions about it.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

st johns wort(natures prozac) can help ease depression it can also make your skin photosensetive(sunburn is a known side effect)

If you want to go the natural route have you ever considered aroma therapy? Many good health food stores carry blends for certain ailments.... a coulple of good blends for depression that I know of right off the bat are grapefruit, geraninum,palmarosa) and(chamomile,benzoin,bergamot) three drops each in a bath or, at pulse points or, you could put them in a difuser.....also make sure you eat right avoiding sugar. Surgar can give a quick lift but it also causes a fast crash which could make you feel more depressed.....
Old 12-24-2004, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Yes, I have done some internet research and have spoken to my therapist. I have decided to start using it, but I wanted to hear from any of you about it.

Blessings,