It's My Turn

Old 11-26-2004, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's My Turn

Well,
I have started attending Al-Anon meetings as much as possible. My husband is a busy body and he can't stay home, I have always stayed home with the kids because I felt 100% responsible for them. Plus I didn't know how to be me. Since I have gone to the meetings (only 2 so far) I feel different. I feel like I can't wait to find myself and discover who I am. No today I told him I have to go to a meeting in the am and tomorrow night too.(what are they an hour at the most?) OH :yelling WELL HE CANT BE COUPED UP WITH THESE KIDS AND HE HAS THINGS TO DO. So I am feeling guilty, of course...... But I am angry, I need these meetings and now I want them too. I have hope for myself, I don't feel crazy like before cause I am not the only ACOA in the world. I went to the meeting the other night while my husband sat home and drank. But to be away from him made me stronger. Is he intimidated by my strength? I don't know. My husband has not been the most supportive person since I realized I was ACOA. So when is it my turn for me? Any and all replys are much appreciated. XOXOXO
Old 11-26-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
and that is all that matters..

Exclamation

It's your turn now! You need to do this! Not only for you, but for him and the kids! Whatever happens, don't back down when it comes to your growth.

YOU GO GIRL!
Old 11-27-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Survivor

Is there anywhere or anyone you can trust to leave your kids with so you dont have to deal with his crap? Can you ask others in the Al-Anon group your attending if you can leave your kids with theirs or something?

Stay strong and explore your possibilities. Try to detach from him and find your own route. He is not in the condition to help you out yet.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Can you find someone to help with the kids? You need to do this for yourself. I am sending positive thoughts your way that you will be able to find a way through this.