identity problem

Old 10-24-2004, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

identity problem

How to boost up my self-esteem? I think that this has something to do with my special wiring again
See, at my hobby it seems that I have brought along fresh ideas and now I see others using them and kinda trying to be like me and that freaks me out. I get these old ideas running in my head again and they are no good. I start to think that I should quit and let others take over and that I'm not needed anymore and what if these others get better at the things I introduced and I end up feeling like a looser. Shouldn't I just be proud that others try to imitate me, isn't it a compliment?
Any ideas of healty ways to deal with this?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((Chess)))))

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.......as an acoa myself I realize that I tend to reverse things.....things that make others feel good make me feel bad things that ought to **** me off make me numb or I don't even notice.

I have a picture of me when I was a baby on my mirror in my bed room. I look at that picture often and tell myself that I am a good girl and that I love that sweet little one in the picture. It has helped myself esteem alot.....give it a try. I think it is a version of what is called reparenting. That little girl is still inside of me and all she needs is a little encouragement everyday a few gentle words.....

I believe as a result of my own reparenting of myself that now I am able to accept a compliment and that a critisizm(sp?) does not devistate me. I am more in touch with my genunine feelings my anger no longer scares me and I am able to deal with it in a way that is effective.... I hope this helps!!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you splendra!

I wasn't aware of that reverse thing. I'll pay more attention to it in the future. It still trips me and I seem to stumble most times. LIke now.
It's scary at times to feel the opposite 'cos other aren't sure how to relate to your pain and it is real and needs to be addressed.
You got me thinking that reverse thing now. It's mostly true. I have done the mirror work for a couple of years now but I still keep stumbling

Thank you for the great observation :scratchch
Old 10-25-2004, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

don't forget to get a baby picture of yourself to look at too.....