Walking Backwards

Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
imnotcrazyimjustalittleun well

Walking Backwards

again i will restate that i am new and rather confused. i am reading that it is neccessary to go back and look at my past...to feel the things that i never felt...to grieve things i never grieved for. how exactly does one approach this great task? how do you re-attatch feelings or feel them for the first time? and my biggest question is...how do you do this when you have no memories to go on? can anyone give me a start on this? :crazy:
Old 09-21-2004, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Don't have a clue.

When something comes to mind from my past, I deal with it then.
be it forgiveness given, forgiveness that needs be asked for from another, Grieving of something lost…letting go of it.
What the past brings forward I deal with as it comes forward.
Memory can be a strange thing. I feel at times some things may not come forward till I am at a growth point I can deal with them.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Well, you might try starting a journal and just writing your life story. You can either start from the youngest age you remember and work your way up or start in your late teens and work your way back.

I agree with Best about memories - they come forward when we are ready to deal with them. When you start writing about your life and start examining and coming to terms with different things from your past, the memories will start to appear. It might help to have a sponsor or a counselor to help you work through it.

Hugs,
JG