Hugs

Old 09-15-2004, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hugs

I was reading through the toolbag for ACA trying to get myself out of this funk I have been in all week. I came across the section "Hugs". I never really thought about how important a hug is. I got plenty of them as a kid and I get plenty now. I am bit uncomfortable giving them, though.

The time I most crave a hug is a night. Even though my bf is with me, I still feel alone. I will wake up suddenly at night and not know why. I know that if I can get my bf to roll over and snuggle me, I will fall back asleep. However, I can't wake him up to tell him to snuggle me. That is too selfish for me to try.

I think I crave hugs at night because my mom left me alone alot a night when I was a kid. Even though I am an adult and I live with my bf, I still feel alone at night.

I just needed to share that....
Old 09-15-2004, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try a teddy bear :-)

Seriously :-)

It's a really simple way to do something nice for the "little girl inside" who felt lonely and scared at night. Give her a teddy bear to snuggle with. A lot of the folks in my ISA group do that and they tell me it does wonders for helping them sleep at night.

'course, you could also grab your b/f and just officially declare him as your teddy bear, and let him know that if you pull him over in the middle of the night he better hug you special or you'll toss him in the washing machine like you would a real teddy bear ;-)

Mike :-)
Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Asking for hugs is not selfish. When I need a hug, I get one. Sometimes it's my dog, but he is a pretty good hug when I am lonely. Sending a big cyber hug your way....

((((((((Star Gazer))))))))))