Loneliness

Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Loneliness

I've been NC with Mom for about 4 months, also not talking to Dad and stepmother(they were always abusive) which is rough because Dad just had a stroke. My brothers are pretty much out of the picture too since they live with Mom. Also let go of an old friend who I was reconnecting with- she tried to reach out to my in-laws(we don't get along) which made me feel I can't trust her. I even cancelled my Facebook acct! I still have my husband and daughter, but I feel pretty lonely sometimes. I talked to my mom almost everyday before this and I miss her a lot. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I may never talk to her again. I know I'm doing what is right for me and my family, it's just very painful at times. Sorry, just needed to vent.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

justbeachy yup sounds like my life in my early twenties. But after I got involved in my church, my own family and schools, my job, things turned around. And it was well worth it. Sometimes it seemed very lonely because I had no connections of any merit with my foo. But I was emotionally disconnected at an early age so I did talk to my my mom occasionally as I had no emotional connections with her and it didn't upset my world to talk to her. I viewed it as my duty.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kialua. It helps to know I'm not alone and it can get better. I know time will make things easier, but right now I feel like I've kicked everyone out of my life. I have good reasons for what I've done I just blame myself a lot. Old habits die hard, I guess.