Hello!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello!

Haven't posted in a while - since before my daughter's wedding - so thought I'd check in and update.
The wedding was beautiful. My XAH walked my daughter down the aisle (after slamming a couple beers I was told) and then disappeared which was fine by me although I think it hurt my daughter's feelings a bit that he didn't come to the reception. According to him it was just "too hard" to see me. Whatevs. Like he still doesn't know that if you do the following in the space of one year: crash 3 cars, get a DUI, berate and abuse your wife and kids, and call a hooker, you're probably going to get dumped. Never mind the other 25 years of crap (oh and that it's been almost three years since I served him with a restraining order so move on already) LOL.
I was a little worried that all the Facebook stuff would get back to my AM and I would hear about it since I'm facebook friends with my brother but the fallout has been ZERO so YAY. Haven't heard anything from anyone and am liking it.
Had the opportunity to examine some feelings lately, my fiance's mom has been having vertigo and they discovered she has been having a series of mini strokes. These are the most wonderful people, they are in their 70s and volunteer all over the community, retired teachers, funny, smart, involved with community theater, raised 3 terrific sons. Well, we got a call at 4am from his dad that mom had fallen down and he couldn't get her up. I had NO issues, NO negative feelings about getting up and going to help. I had wondered, would I be resentful if someone else other than my AM called for something like that? Answer is NO. But then I start wondering - should I feel guilty that I am happy to help someone I'm not even related to? Of course the answer is NO but darn if our minds aren't wired (or does society wire them) to doubt ourselves. And on a positive note - I joined weight watchers and am down 16 pounds. 21 more to go. Hope everyone is off to a good summer!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job w/weight! Keep it going. When we feel better about ourselves and our achievements life runs smoother At least it does for me!!!

I broke my hip about 2 months ago, so exercise is hard! Not being able to ride a bike, or walk w/out a walker is a pain in the ass.

I hope everything goes well with the X.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, hips take a long time, be good to yourself.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand the confusion about whether we should guilty wanting to help others when we would resent our helping our parents. I have felt that a lot.

I am really glad the wedding turned out well and it has been silent from your mom
Old 06-11-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice to hear that, I guess it all comes down to how we handle it in our own minds. Good job!
Happy dance