I just thought of something

Old 10-08-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just thought of something

What do normies think about all day? I dont know about the rest of you but I often feel like I have this quiet voice whispering in my ear all the time reminding me of my recovery tools, internal checklists for behaviors and reactions to different situations and such.

So. Are their minds blank or are they contemplating the meaning of life or working on a cure for cancer or something?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OGK

"I dont know about the rest of you but I often feel like I have this quiet voice whispering in my ear all the time reminding me of my recovery tools, internal checklists for behaviors and reactions to different situations and such."

That pretty much sums up my daily, internal, kuwaffee tooawk. Several people have told me, especially in AA, that the voice eventually disappears into what some call, complete sobriety from all things or the ever elusive Paradigm shift (imagine big air quotes over all of that). I'd like to believe that its true and if I can't, well then that probably is something I should work on. However, I took down the date,time and name of each guy that told me that and reminded them that if the voice never went away, I'd come find them and punch them in the teeth when they least expect it.....sarcastic of course.....ehem.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha ha. I'm thinking maybe they've just learned to keep the drama internal without it eating at them. I mean, most of us have similar stress - maybe different actual situations, but dealing with others and making a living and doing daily necessary things is pretty universal, no?

We've created this whole compulsive thought process. Meditation is really helpful for me.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I probably should start working on meditation again. Its just so quiet and dark in there. :p

OGK- give 'em a punch from me as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quiet is where I like to be.

aaaahhhh

Old 10-08-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHAHAHA I literally just laughed outloud at my desk I often think the same thing. Every choice I make everything I do I'm weighing, gauging, and analyzing my actions both to stop and to monitor my ACOA tendencies. I was just wondering today if that ever stops or settles. Or if we just think were all special and stuff. Too funny though, I haven't laughed that hard at a post in a long time!