Overwhelmed and nervous

Old 07-26-2004, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed and nervous

Do you guys ever get overwhelmed by your emotions?

I have been encountering good things one after another so much so that I'm overwhelmed by this and the strange thing is that I feel kinda nervous and like crying yet I'm still smiling but being kinda nervous at trusting this feeling.
Has this happened to you? Is it because I'm kinda waiting the for the rollercoaster ride to begin? Or that someone will come and take it all away and/or belittle it all? Does that feeling ever go away or do we just get stronger in bearing it?

I got my new apartment and found a relatively cheap firm to handle the move and I got accepted as a reviewer to a place I really wanted and I finally finished my thesis. See what I mean by good thing after another

Anyways, this is probably one of my first tries in sharing good news since I'm used to keeping it all in. I found that people don't like hearing good news from others so much. Why is that? Doesn't sharing apply to good news too?

Now I'm hearing the familiar doubts trying to creep in like can I keep the post, make the rent etc.

Do any of you have similar experiences and how do/did you handle them?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh I don't know...I LOVE good news. I remember back when I was new to this program and my emotions were over the top. It was WORKING! It was working the way I was promised and yes, it was very overwelming. At least they were good emotions.

Hugs,
JT
Old 07-26-2004, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chess
Do you guys ever get overwhelmed by your emotions? ...
Do any of you have similar experiences and how do/did you handle them?
Heck yes I get overwhelmed :-) I get emotions by the bucket full. How do I handle them? Not very well That's why I'm chilling 'round here, to learn how to do a better job of it :-)

Mike :-)
p.s. Oh yeah, congrats on all the good news :-)