personality types

Old 07-19-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Do yourself a favor when you get it. Do not get the digital copy. He has pictures and charts that are a pain to look at in ebook. You have to flip back and forth to read and examine the pictures. I suspect in real book format that stuff is on facing pages
Old 07-19-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happybeingme View Post
.... I know the question is completely off topic but it was a great read ...
No worries. Clearly on topic. A lot of ACoA "emotional injuries" are compounded by medical issues. Classic example are the "Eating Disorders". Latest research is finding an ever growing list of hormones, enzymes and what not that are linked to ED. Take a person with one of those disorders, mix in a dysfunctional environment during childhood and the combination is hypergolic.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 07-19-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've worked on this a fair amount - I am INFP.

It has been the easiest shorthand I have found to describe my personality.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I'm not in any kind of therapy yet. Getting my DD situated with her ABA therapy is my priority right now. Thus all came about as she was being diagnosed with Autism. I have joined a couple of groups for Aspie women though, and it's been like coming home after 30 years of wandering around lost. Since realizing all of this though, I've stopped trying so hard to fit in. I'm giving up my job soon because no matter what I do, I will always be me. It's not a good fit. I don't want to change who I am. For Pete's sake, I just found out who I really am, and I'm so happy about it.

But regarding introversion, I do live in my head most of the time. It's not the best place for me to be because I'm still working on the future-tripping and making mountains out of molehills. Mr. Grits is really good at calling me on that and bringing my volume down a bit. I've been musing over some other personality things lately, wondering if they're my ACoA, Aspergers, or both coming through. Suppose I should collect my thoughts and create a new thread on it. Best save that for tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

NW- thank you for sharing. It sound like your diagnosis was a good thing for you. I look forward to hearing your thoughts if you start a thread on it
Old 07-20-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I'm going to post tomorrow. I just got home from work and I'm done. Bed is calling my name!

Or maybe that's the baby. Crap.