SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/)
-   -   This should be the codie song (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/31723-should-codie-song.html)

paula a. 06-15-2004 04:38 AM

This should be the codie song

My daughter had this cd blaring while we were cleaning the other day and the words really grabbed me. The group is Evanescence.

Going Under

Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50 thousand tears I've cried
Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me.
Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
(chorus)
I'm dying again
I'm going under
Drowning in you
I'm falling faster
I've got to break through

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
So go on and scream
Scream at me I'm so far away
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe I can't keep going under.

runningfree 06-15-2004 09:14 PM

The words in this song are so true in relationships that really hurt. I am hearing and saying all of these words in a relationship with a girlfriend. Our relationship has caused tense with my husband and children by how it just won't resolve itself because I felt so hurt but yet I need her friendship. I am so dependent on her because she calls for me and comes to me where I do not make friends easy or at all and she wants a close relationship. I am very addicted in this relationship because we both have issues and have hurt each other because we couldn't give each other what the other needed at the time. I felt very hurt and I am having a difficult time letting go of my anger yet I want this to work out. Every one hear and my therapist says I need to make very strict boundaries and when I am ready I need to move away from the relationship. I let me life go to pieces because of this relationship.
Thanks for the descriptive song... it is priceless in its meaning, but unfortunately it doesn't solve anything.
Thanks

best 06-15-2004 09:42 PM

I was just thinking the other day about how songs may play a role in "teaching" us. The songs I grew up with. How (as I think on them) they teach "Codie" thinking of many of the love songs of the late 60s and early 70s The knight in shining armor, the fixer, the sorrow and pleading to come back... Don't go ...please don't go.
Thinking of 4 season songs as prime examples. And they say music doesn't mold who we are? I think it does to a point.

paula a. 06-16-2004 06:14 AM

I have to agree with you Best. I think those things do shape you a little. Music and t.v. as well. How many of us have been told we are no June Cleaver? I mean was there ever such a perfect Stepford Wife?? The girls that grew up in those times really had some work to do to measure up to the standard!
Paula

Gabe 06-16-2004 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by best
And they say music doesn't mold who we are? I think it does to a point.

I agree best. Music plays a big part in molding who I am.
And Paula, don't tell JT she's no June Cleaver. happyface: