help...........

Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
:-(

help...........

Ok so I have left my alcoholic mother, for both our sakes and my fathers as she was getting him involved, When I left I deleted him off her phone and facebook, ripped the page out of her address book, but somehow she managed to ring him, She is now guilt tripping him, and as he is coming to see me in June for a month, she asked if she could stay at his flat while he is away, as she needs a break from the pub. Apparently she has been sick recently, dad didn't ask why though. He said she could stay at his place, problem is he lives with an alcoholic flatmate. I can just imagine what him and my mother would get up to in Brighton, England for a month, with enough pubs to go in, a different one every day of the week.
I am now worrying, wondering why and stressing now. I wish he wouldn't tell me about her, But he keeps saying "she is your mother" like I should be concerned about her. She has told him that she is in debt and that is all my fault. I am sick of her, I am out of the equation, I flew 12 thousand miles away from her and have not talked to her, apart from 2 letters and a card. She told dad I sent one nasty letter and a lovely card.
How long does it hurt for after cutting contact?? Why do I still worry about her, I know nothing will have changed.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess it hurts until you emotionally disconnect. I'm sorry this is hard for you. I would recommend some more reading. I forgot if you have read "Perfect Daughters" by Robert J. Ackerman.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

After some time he may come to realize what you have already. Until then, try to disconnect when he talks about her. Just let him know there is good reason she is out of your life, and you intend to keep it that way. For both of your sakes.