SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/)
-   -   feeling paranoid (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/28921-feeling-paranoid.html)

splendra 05-05-2004 04:53 AM

feeling paranoid

I have been feeling paranoid and stressed lately. I know I haven't been eating right 4 a while. I am so tired of all the drama in my life. I am tired of my H and I wish he would get clean. He thinks he can handel it on his own. He has a cousin that he was very close to comitt suicide years ago after getting out of rehab. That is his excuse for not going. I know it is typical addict thought to blame someone else for the problem.
Dissions are so hard for me to make. His family wants to have him committed. I did that once and he just resented the hell out of it. God I wish I had turned my back on him years ago. I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself. :sink

journeygal 05-05-2004 06:19 AM

Re: feeling paranoid

Hi Splendra,

Ok, it's time to forget about H for a while. You are in serious need of some pampering and R&R. What's the last thing you did for yourself? You definitely need a "me" day! Your H is going to continue doing things his way until he's ready to change. So, it's time to put the focus back on you.

Do something nice for yourself this week!

Hugs,
JG

splendra 05-05-2004 06:41 AM

Journeygirl,

Thanks 4 reminding me that I have to think about me instead of my H. I think I will take myself out to lunch before I have to go to work.

Gabe 05-05-2004 06:53 AM

Hey Splendra,
I agree with JG. It's time to put the focus back on you.
I'm glad you're going to take yourself out to lunch.
Make that your starting point, and continue being nice to yourself for the rest of the day.
Hugs,
Gabe

LizzyB 05-05-2004 08:06 AM

I so agree with JG and Gabe...we HAVE to keep reminding ourselves that if we don't take care...then it doesn't matter what's going on...we just won't have the energy. I find when things are crazy at my house...it's easy to fall off track. I don't get the sleep I should, I don't eat well, and it makes it twice as difficult to keep my balance, you know?

Take it easy, take time, to take care of you. It really is our best defence. Hey Splendra? Did you read Gabe's signature line? I love it...and I'm going to carry that question with me all through today...and repeat it over and over to myself...until I figure out the answer. Much love...

splendra 05-05-2004 03:54 PM

Lizzy & Gabe,

Thanx for replying. I love reading what both of ya'll write I feel honored that ya'll both wrote on my post!! Yes Lizzy I do like that question and your sugestion to ask it all day I might add everyday as well.

LizzyB 05-05-2004 05:48 PM

Awhhh Splendra, How sweet are you!!! The pleasure is all mine baby! We're always here whenever you need to post. It's incredibly cathartic to get those feelings out of your head, and down in front of you. It makes it easier to put the bad ones behind you...and there's nothing you're feeling that someone else can't relate to.

I hope you had a nice lunch today...did ya spring for desert? I hope so. I know a good old piece of chocolate mouse cake always puts me in better spirits. Sending you warm hugs and happy thoughts...Much love...

Gabe 05-05-2004 07:07 PM

Splendra...Lizzy Babe,
I...for one, allowed a whole lot of joy in today.
Isn't it amazin' how when you keep that in mind, the joy just comes trickling right on in?
Keep on keepin' on girls.
It gets better when you decide it needs to get better.
Peace,
Gabe

splendra 05-05-2004 09:09 PM

Lizzy,

I had a piece of pound cake topped with chocolate icecream and a rasberry drizzle.

Gabe-
Does that sound joyful to you?