Sad, Sad Moment In Life...

Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sad, Sad Moment In Life...

Most know that my 87yo mother is the main squeeze alcoholic in my life...65 years of my life trying to straighten the mess out...I accomplished nothing,,,just wasted my time and energy trying to fix a person who cannot be fixed.

With that said,,,here is the new worst of the worst...my mother is not coming back to her winter mobilehome. We are told to dump her stuff.
All good...although she will change her mind yet again, I am pushing to dump it so she won''t come back
I worked on the inside including her liquer cabinet, some left over whisky.
Gin, Southern Comfort and Vodka. I was going to mix her vodka with what I had....I opened her bottle...it was pure rubbing alcohol.

What the hail...her exbf, who she abused for 21 years drank vodka with Kahula and cream...he was not a heavy drinker yet was having serious stomach problems UNTIL he stopped drinking the vodka, mommy dearest was mixing his drinks with rubbing alcohol...

Please, Please tell me it's not true...yet...my brother and I have confirmed that it was rubbing alcohol and she or no one else drank Vodka.

No, she didnt kill him, however, she sure made him very ill, he had many stomach problems that the doctors could not explain...

He died a year ago june of a brain anyurism,he was preparing to move out, said that he was done and could no longer deal with the abuse.

She has caused so much turmoil in my life, in my brothers life and now this, it will never end...until she dies, the only member of the familythat still speaks to her is my brother and he is about done.
This is truly a sad moment in my life, he was such a good, kind man and she was attempting to make him very sick...and at age 82...how sick is this.

I am so sorry TJ, wish that I had caught this earlier, it now all makes sense.

Sad, Sad Moment In My Life.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((dollydo))) - I don't know what to say, but sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Amy
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((dollydo)))

I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to learn and face.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry dolly. Tj i'm sure he forgives you now, his pain is over. don't let her actions cloud you. keep her at an arm's distance. she's 87...her hell will come for harming others, but you don't have to be there or participate. big whiney hugs, i'm so sorry you know.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. Though it's not unheard of. As a teenager I worked at the neighborhood drug store in the ghetto and we had many many daily sales of rubbing alcohol that was used for drinking. We would ask them how can you do this? Why do you do this? It was just so common. They would just laugh and say it was great! They said if they ate some butter first it helped their stomachs. ugh.

Yes it was also used to cut liquor to make it go further, your Mom probably did it so the money could go for her liquor and not his. Twisted thinking to be sure, but common. I remember seeing a show with Jeff VonVanderon's Intervention with a lady who drank nothing but mouthwash and rubbing alcohol. I forget if she ever got clean. Sad.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thanks to all, I am just sooo angry.

There is alot to the story, however she thought that she had all her bases covered and that when he died she was the beneficary to everything he had.....well the winter before he died he knew something was up so he asked me to take him to his bank, he cashed in two of his CD's (my mother was the bene) and put the money in a safety deposit box...2 months later he died, the box was sealed, when opened the money was there and according to the will it was his sons money...Hmmm...no money for you honey.

Boy she was one pissed Alcoholic.

I regret that I didn't catch on sooner, he may have lived longer, when he had the blockage she had the power of attorney, his son wanted TJ to have surgery, she said no, she didn't want to have to take care of him, so there was no surgery, he died 2 days later.

Rest In Peace TJ, you are away from her and in a safe place...I miss you, damn I dropped the ball,,,,I am so very sorry.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((dolly))) - you did the best you could do with what you knew. You know the old saying..."when we know better, we do better". You didn't know. Put down the blame stick, it doesn't belong to you.

Hindsight can be a b***h, but in the end, we did what we thought was right.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, Dolly, this really is in no way your fault I'm just so sorry to hear about this!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes there is no way you could have imagined what the heck was really going on. Please don't take it onto yourself, we all know better and stand with you. It's that tendency to carry it all on our shoulders with if I would have, I should have, that never is true. You would have to be god to know what was really going on. I can't imagine the shock you must be feeling.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My dad got sober the day he died.
The family was messed up. The only
difference for me was that I knew I
was messed up.

Proud to be here and proud to be
a witness to your pain. None of us
have to be alone in this. -D.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

None of this is your fault, but I understand where your head is at right now. I could see my AM being the same way, and it's chilling to think about. You had no way of knowing what she was doing.