Scared for the summer

Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared for the summer

My Aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer. We thought she had beaten it, but it turnss out that it has spread to her lungs and neck. I have lost my grandma and grandfather before and I have always been good with accepting death in my family, but my father has not. The day my fathers dad died was a day I remember so well because after that his drinking got worse than ever before. After his mom died it got so bad that my dad ended up hitting my mom. I remember that day. It was the only day in my life that I went to school unable to hide the horror that was within. I leave to go home from school in a month and I'm terrified of my aunt passing...I keep going back to thhoughts of the past. I have been getting better every day, but then again, I haven't been home and my dad hasnt been as bad. I feel like I'm going back in time...and I don't know how strong I am.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry this happening. I know I say that a lot on the board here but it is none the less true. This is not fun to anticipate. Have you found any access to therapy yet? This might be a good thing to go through with some help.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hell STaylor,

Glad you are here, does your school have a counseling center, if not is there a county health clinic, or possibly a pastor or priest.

Our school had Newmann House, I was not Cathlolic, but the Priest there let me know that I was always welcome to come and talk with him about anything on my mind.

Please remember that none of this is your fault or within your control, all you can do is take care of you, your job is to be a student, to get the best grades you can, to stay healthy, eat right, get enough rest, and exercise.

If you would like to talk we will be here, we cannot tell you what to do, but we can listen and tell you what we did when we walked in your shoes.

Take care, big hugs to you.

Bill
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I recall when my grandfather passed away, I was always so scared for him to pass bc I knew my dads drinking would escalate. Are you in college? What year are you? I remember thinking when I left for college my issues with my dads drinking would be over but little did I know It would cont to follow me and now consumes me as his drinking has gotten sooooo bad. Good luck to you.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this...

I hope that you'll keep us posted about how you're doing, and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.