Feelings Check In

Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dbh

Feelings Check In

We had a thread like this on another group that I belonged to and I found it useful.

Want to share how you are feeling today?

db
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dbh

Today I am feeling tired, grateful, happy, and content.

My daughter had a sleepover last night and the girls hardly slept. That's why I'm tired.

I'm feeling so grateful that I can do things like this for my daughter. When I was her age, I rarely brought friends home. Glad that I now have a house where people are welcomed to come.

I'm happy and content with where my life is now. It's far from perfect, but it seems to be heading in the right direction.

Thank you for letting me share.

db
Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm missing my daughter at college. Sad
I'm struggling with my diet. Frustrated
I'm glad we (finally) had nice weather. Happy

Sad. Frustrated. Happy.
I guess that's normal for me!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dbh

Today I'm feeling anxious.

Still a little sleep deprived, I think that is adding to my angst.

I've been working full-time for about a month and I'm having a hard time balancing home and work. Feel like I'm getting pulled in too many directions and I'm looking for ways to distract myself (food, computer, tv, ...)

Gotta keep the focus on me and accepting my limitations.

Thanks for letting me share.

db
Old 03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I just got back from what was supposed to be a fun weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, my dad always willing to do someone a favor. He let the son of a friend use their weekend home after he lost his apatment.

OMG I could not believe someone you did a favor for could do so much damage, my wife and I cleaned and did laundry all weekend.

I am so disgusted, this guy stole at least $1,000.00 worth of electronics, used washrags as tp, threw trash and towels in the yard.

I am tired and mad, but I am happy to be home, clean and back with my friends on SR.

Thank you all,

Bill
Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Exhausted from our never ending remodel improvements. But greatful that my husband can do it all.

Sorry for all the mess and trauma Bill but glad you're back!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My life is a lot better for starting recovery. I last my job this year... I have some part time work at the moment. I wrote a book, which was a lifeline- and bought me a little income, a breathing space...

...have come in for repairs and have some minor surgery lined up to make the best use of my down time... today was good... had about four chores to do.

I sometimes forget what I have to do-- pulling over and having a nap sharpens my thinking. Especially putting washing out to dry in the morning, lol...

...being here is a part of "my world cruise around ACA online groups". I had this hankering to find out what is going on out here. But its great to be able to kick back and share...

thanks for the chance,

DavidG.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hopeful.
Excited.
Optimistic.
Tiny tinge of concern for what will happen next
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Frustrated, depressed, anxious. Heart palpitations. A former 'best friend' attacked my business with a bad (undeserved) review. My son with high functioning autism has lost his job again and my AF with whom he lives is letting son know he's a screw-up who will never amount to anything. Thanks, Dad, for behavior that is only going to tear him down further. My dad, of course, does not believe that there's anything wrong here, just that he's a screw up. And my dad is always right. 72 years old, and he hasn't been wrong once. Amazing, isn't it? Oh, yeah, add feeling sarcastic and angry to the list.

I'm extremely anxious about my work due to the attacks by my friend, to the point it's hindering my functioning and my co-workers can't understand why it's upsetting me so much. I want to quit, but I now have obligations to finish and can't.

Feeling good because the weather is beautiful and I wake up to birds singing and fresh air coming in the open windows. Feeling grateful I have friends I can talk to.

But overall, just wondering if I'll be able to weather this batch of storms that's all hitting at once. :-(
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Kialua, I appreciate the kind words, and I am so happy to be home and in my own bed!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Feeling very anxious and on edge today...and fearful, and a little bit depressed.

I've been trying to get my anxiety medication refilled, and have been met with a lot of hassle from a couple of new primary care physicians I've asked to simply renew my prescription from my last doctor.
I take a benzodiazepine daily for my anxiety, but without it I feel freaked out about even going to work or to the store, etc., and the hassle I'm having to go through to have it renewed has actually been causing me to have panic attacks, which isn't normal for me.

I also have to go to work tonight, which I never look forward to, and going in there always jacks up my anxiety. It's kind of a long drive through rush hour traffic, and then a long drive home on the freeway at night, and my job stresses me out. So I'm feeling a huge triple whammy of anxiety and fear right now.

My son has had a cough and an ear infection, so we've been having to give him antibiotics three times a day, and I don't know if the antibiotics are even helping, as he is still pulling at his ear (now he's pulling at both ears, instead of just one), so I need to schedule an appointment for him to see if the ear infection has cleared up. Always anxiety-inducing when your child is sick and can't tell you if/where/ it hurts, or how much.

So...fearful, anxious, depressed, but still a little bit hopeful, as I'm waiting to hear back from a psychiatrist and schedule an appointment to have my meds continued without hassle from primary care doctors.
Hopefully there won't be any hassle from the psychiatrist either, as I'm not willing to make any changes with my medication right now. I have a ten month-old son at home with me all day, and I don't need to be exploring the effects of any new medications, or the intense anxiety I feel when I get off of my regular medication.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry Plath,

Ear-aches amd teething always seemed to be the worst because there was just so little you could do.

We used a homeopathic oil on our childrens ears, it was a bunch of different herbs, and it seemed to help, also we had a thing from Babies First Steps that you filled with warm water and could lay over their ear that really helped alot.

Do you use a syringe to drain his nose, he may be so congested that it is backing up into his ears from his sinuses.

Hope it gets better soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

bleh I feel like I'm getting the flu.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Feeling:
Content, happy, relieved, and still a little stressed at the same time.

I had a wonderful night at work, all the ladies were very helpful, engaging, and there were absolutely no incidents (amazing!). I mentioned to my coworker that I might be renewing my resume and applying for a job where a friend and former coworker work, and she was happy to offer me a personal/professional reference.

Relieved that I have an appointment scheduled tomorrow for my son to check on his ear infection and ask a few basic questions, get him settled in with a new pediatrician, as we weren't very impressed with the one we've been seeing.

Still a little stressed about the medication issue, although I have an appointment scheduled with a psychiatric nurse who will hopefully ease my anxiety by renewing my prescription without too much hassle.

Also a little stressed because my son's appointment is kind of early in the morning for us, and it will be somewhat difficult to get both of us out of the house and presentable by 10 am, especially as I haven't had time to do my own laundry and I highly doubt I'll be able to manage that before we go in for the appointment, but maybe... I'll do my best, hahah.

Grateful for my son, I love him so much. It's always a happy thing to talk to the clients at my work about him, as it seems to brighten their evenings a bit sometimes.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Kialua.

Bill, thank you for the well wishes and advice, I'm going to have the doctor take a look at him tomorrow. He seems to be on the mend.

Anyway, feeling so much better after a happy, pleasant night at work and nice conversation with my coworker before I left. Home safe and sound in spite of the freeway drivers who act like they're all rushing to the hospital at 11:00 at night, even when you're going the speed limit.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Doing a lot of on line board work at the moment... getting a lot out of it... I am not second guessing myself or beating myself up emotionally at the moment...

...lon gmay it last...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
dbh

I'm ...
  • tired: feels like I can't get enough sleep. Haven't exercised in weeks. Need to take better care of myself.
  • satisfied: I like my new job and am starting to feel competent and appreciated.
  • paranoid: although I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from others in the school that I'm working, the principle has been quiet. I haven't figured him out yet. Maybe I still have a fear of authority figures? I find myself wanting to "prove" to him that I'm doing a good job. Why can't I just assume that I'm doing well unless I hear otherwise? Hate that I'm almost 50 and that still look for external approval.

Thank you for letting me share.

db
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well this is really dopey
i used to be a dead-beat and a no-hoper...

but I have bin asked to be one of the speakers
at a conference- a history conference.:rotfxko

Have already done most of the research towards it.

Mebbe I am not so bad after all...!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DavidG I don't know about you, but if you've got half the ACA "stuff" as I do that is an admirable accomplishment.

Mike
Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the greeting Mike...

I am travelling from my home base- a tiny AcA online group to see what is new and exciting out here.

AcA is dynamic, and draws from a number of sources. I am interested in seeing what is actually working out there.

I come with the Alanon 4th concept: "Participation is the key to harmony." I learn by stepping up and getting involved...

thanks mate.

DavidG