New to forum, seeking advice and general chitchat

Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hiya!

I know what you mean, none of us should have to suffer. I read something on one of the pages about the different coping mechanisms to deal with it that we don't even realise. I felt like I was a bit of all of them. Read it, it will give you some clarity. I honestly felt like I was reading my life back to me!

Intimacy and emotion are a hard part of it definitely. I ended up very promiscuous trying to shut off and feel nothing for so long. When I do end up in a relationship I find it incredibly difficult and end up shutting off in the end anyway. It's not really fair to either person. I've just come out of a relationship for other reasons, but if I'm honest it's for the best and being single will help me battle my demons. The mood swings are pretty bad, I don't understand why I'm angry a lot of the time, but I'm sure it gets easier.

Aw good for you, so glad you got out of that environment and took charge of your own life! It's an amazing feeling isn't it. I moved out when I was 17, and had to go to my dads for the time being, but I can't wait to have my own life again.

It's a working progress but I will get there, as will you, and as will all of us!

xxx