If you tell the truth about sexual abuse is it poor boundaries?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i think we never told because we never knew any different. and when we did, we were told to not say anything more, or that it was our fault or we are lying. this is why i have encouraged my children to never stop telling til someone believes you and makes it stop. i think by educating and empowering children that this behaviour in others is wrong, and they do not have to put up with it, might help stop many cycles of silence and suffering. until there are more people like ACO and yourself Kialua then the cycle will continue. its a very brave thing to have told someone about what happened to you. many people never get to that point where they feel strong enough to say anything. good for you.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone else, but Earthworm says it best for me:

"You did the right thing. Never mind your sister and her denial."
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You absolutely did the RIGHT thing. You protected your neice, you did what a loving responsible adult would do.

I am completely shocked with your sister's response. I was a psych minor in college and if you don't remember abuse it is because it is repressed, which is NOT HEALTHY and usually manifests in your behavior/other parts of your life. The fact that you remember what happened to you, that you are able to speak about it on here, that you stood up to your family and that you are now trying to protect someone else from that person shows that you are aware of what occured, know that it was wrong, and that you are doing something about it.

Your neice is VERY lucky to have you. I would have done the same thing if I had been put in your situation.

hugs

Maylie
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

..forget the past,huh?

(how convenient for monsters & cowards who would look the other way)

Have you ever noticed how when anyone truly F's you over---the first
item on their 'makeup' agenda is always "wiping the slate clean"?

My personal belief is that MANY persons suffering the scourge of drug abuse
were themselves abused in early life.In light of that belief---I think the refusal to
recognize,confront,and expose evil is the core threat to the heart of any civilized
society.

Cockroaches thrive in the dark.Turn on the lights---and they scatter.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You do the right thing. Good for you! It's amazing to see the denial patterns around sexual abuse and how it continues through the generations. It takes someone willing to break the silence to stop the cycle.