Why Me

Old 12-02-2011, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why Me

Why Me

Why Me,I have been Robbed, My Childhood was Taken from me by Selfish Adults,Ive Lost So Much of real Life,Ill never Know what a full life without Pain is Like.......and so on.
I was an Addict to Drugs and Drink for 25 years ....more time lost.
I have been with my Wife for 30 years,have a 28,22,14 year old Family...........I have never really felt like there Real Dad/ wifes Husband,because of the Pain............This is Cruel.
So what..........

Now what can I do to make it right now.
Accept that Life is Tough for Everyone.
There is a way out for me.........With this Program of ACA and the Solution.
I will keep striving to attain Clarity and to Keep making a decent life for myself and my Lovely family......I love them.....with the Little love that I can Muster up.

Im still alive and able to do things...........which is more than I can Say for a Friend of Mine I worked with this time last year............he got a Stroke and Is Paralised now in a nursing Home for old Folks.............hes only in his Sixtees.
There is lots of Tragic Stories out there.........
Im here to make a difference with my..........little Knowledge.
It will be alright If I keep focising on the Good in my Life now instead of regreting what was not.
Thanks for Been here for me.....we are all in this together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

micealc,

My wife often refers to "spiritual practice" with emphasis on the PRACTICE.

While we grew up as devout christians we study other religions to gain understanding of how the rest of the world works, help our children grasp that there is not just one way of thinking, etc.

The Dalai Lama advocates you practice good works, good thouhts, love, etc. yet a man as far along in his spiritual awakening as he is still has to practice, he still gets angry, frustrated, etc.

It is not the destination that matters, but the trip itself, I guess the point is, are you trying, making your best effort everyday to do what's right, working through your issues, that's what matters.

Have you ever read "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsh, this book changed my life, one premise in the book is that (your life is your life for a reason) there are lessons to be learned from your situation, you must try to look for lessons in all your life experiences and use those lessons to grow spiritually.

For me that was a very hard concept to grasp at first, but finally the light turned on for me, my abuse was a life lesson, and that I needed to use my experiences to help others.

Sorry, I am rambling here, but I hope you get what I am saying, everyday is a gift and you get to decide whether to use it or waste it, it sounds like you are trying to use each day to make things better.

Best of luck to you,

Bill