My mom died today

Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My mom died today

She had stopped drinking the last week for me. She knew she had gotten herself past the point of no return. She told me that she knew what she was doing and wanted it this way but it hurts so bad. I know this is better and she is better now and it was worse worrying about her when she was drinking 24/7 but I hurt so bad for myself. I'm just glad that I got to be with her and she was sober.

That's all, no response needed but I know a lot of you have been helping me these past 2 weeks and I wanted to let you know.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so sorry for your loss, callie.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss firecallie.
I'm so glad you've found support here.

D
Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending you a big hug))))))
Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your loss. I am glad that you had the important time together that you wanted.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My heart just sank when I read the title of this thread and even more when I saw it was posted by you. I hope that you being able to spend time with her the last week and to give her the news of your pregnancy gave you some sort of closure. There are no words I can say to make you feel better, just know that I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and your unborn child during this difficult time.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You have my deepest sympathies over the loss of your dear mother. I know that you wanted to spend this time with her, and am glad you were able to do so....

HG
Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
so sorry firecallie...
Old 10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh Callie I'm so sorry, I so hope that the baby you are carrying will help wash away the pain you are feeling right now, please know you and your mama will be in my thoughts tonight.

May God bless you and keep you safe, peace be with you.

Bill
Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dbh

Dear FireCallie,

I am so sorry for your loss.

It's wonderful that you and your mother were able spend some time together prior to her death and that you were able to tell her about your pregnancy.

I hope that the good memories you have help you through these difficult times. I know how hard it is and I can understand your pain.

Alcoholic struggle with so many things. When my father died, I found comfort in knowing that he was no longer struggling.

Please take care of yourself and keep coming back!

Hugs,

db
Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Firecallie. It is good that you had that special time together. I am sure that it will be a great comfort to you, just to have had that time for the two of you to share and express things you wished to. Her suffering is over, tho it is so hard to lose her, I know.

May she rest sweetly.
Take good care of yourself and your baby. Your momma would want that, for sure.

big hug,
chicory
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! Today was her service and it was not as hard as I anticipated. Everything was SO beautiful she would have loved it, and I believe that she was not in that casket and that was just her shell. Now thing things have settled down for the day, it's hard. It's final. She started going downhill and turned to alcohol because she could not deal with her fathers death. With God's grace I will not do the same. One day at a time for me right now, but I have a very good support system and this precious little life inside of me that I need to focus on right now.

I will miss my mom so much. She was my world. Not a day went by when we didn't call or near the end with the drinking text. She got to tell me everything I think she wanted to and I got to tell her everything I wanted to tell her.

I do have issues that I have to figure out how to deal with but who doesn't...

Thank you everyone who had me in your thoughts or prayers.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((((Callie))) - I'm sorry I'm late on this, but very sorry for your loss. I'm really glad you got to spend some time with her and that you have you and that precious baby to focus on. Grief takes time, and we are here for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((firecallie)))
Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Im so, so ,sorry for your loss and I feel your pain, as it is also my own. As you know I just lost my mom, and I know how gut wrenching this pain is but I am glad to got to spend some time with her.
You are in my thoughts tonite. I am here if you need me.
XXOO