Adult Children of Alcoholics [the book] and self esteem

Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adult Children of Alcoholics [the book] and self esteem

i am reading a book at the moment called 'Children of Alcoholics' by Janet Geringer Woititz, Im only past the foreword and Introduction but it is talking about someone called Morris Rosenberg.

A quick google and i find there is something called the Rosenberg self esteem scale just wanted to share that
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for your helpful reply - ive jotted down those what i guess are both audio books. I presently have FOUR recovery books with two more on order hrumf. Och well ill get there! Ive not really listening to audio tapes recovery related before although i do know someone else here that has. Infact that book i recommended to you is available in audo also im told since i know a girl on here thats got it )

Im glad the tapes help you and for sure i think how we grow up can affect us deeply. I once had this guy teach me a concept called 'leverage' which is i think what you are talking about how you used to think. Like it would take some real bad stuff to happen for you to want to change. Thats your leverage.

Denial can keep us safe i think but its a pretty ignorant place to be right.

I do understand like what it is your saying about us not being what we think yes. Like we are human BEINGS not what we do etc so its like that i think. Interesting. Thanks for this.

Ideally yes we can choose to respond or not but right now im so confused i find that difficult to practice. My experience of codependency has been one of a rapidly changing effect. I sometimes wonder if im the caterpillar you know what one day turns into a butterfly. Its a real root and branch change for me.

I tend to think that thinking other are better than you is a codie thing. Again i would recommend codependent no more on that as a professional solution.

Regarding the 12 traditions heck i couldnt name them all i know they exist and why but thats about it. one of them is about spreading the word

Yes there is a payoff in being lazy. Sometimes i think would i be happier back drunk but that road leads only to pain.

I agree about the codependency thing also.

Top dollar! Thanks for that i will checkout those books If you have any more recommended reads or listens let me know You rock