Life sucks!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Life sucks!!!

Feeling really down today. Had a few good days together and thought things were improving but today is bad again. It was a struggle to be bothered to open the laptop. I don't want to do anything.......except maybe go back to bed and pull the covers over my head. Life sucks sometimes!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi and welcome to SR, sorry you are going through this, I agree life is really hard some times. I hope you find good support here. Keep reading and posting. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-09-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I have days like that too, yet for some reason, I just can"t pull the covers over my head and just veg...I guess I am just too dang nosey, have to check everything out, see what's happ'nin.

Life can be difficult, it's not so much the circumstance(s) you are involved in, it's how you handle them.

I believe this funk will pass, after all you are not pushing up the daisies, to me that's a postive start for the day!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Hugs))) KatieKerry.

Yip, life can be bl**dy hard at times but it can also be bl**dy great.

Depression - now that sucks and I can relate +++ to hypersomnia. Remember to be gentle with yourself.

IWTHxxx

PS I luv dollydo being too dang nosy, may just have to adopt that one for myself lol
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your encouragement. Today is a much better day, got up early and did some housework, got kids ready for school and went for a 3 mile walk.....I just wish for consistency but at the moment I'm going to cherish the good days and try and get through the bad days as best I can.xxxxx
Old 06-13-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Another Bad Day...

This is my 2nd bad day being really depressed, can't be bothered with anything, tv, food, conversation............really difficult when I have 2 kids at home, luckily they are 11 and 16 so don't need round the clock attention! I'm struggling even writing this because I find it too much hard work but I know I need to make some effort.

Anyway, hope everyone else is doin ok...
Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Recovery

KatieKerry:

Hi there. What helps me is to write down what I think is the causes of my stress (a precursor to depression for me)...when I write them all down, sometimes it makes me feel worse, but at the same time, I have it 'out' of my head, no longer rolling around in there (like the proverbial 'last marble' - LOL ).

Then, I can start working on a strategy to change it...i.e. if no time is stressing me, I'll wonder if I can send my kids to spend the day with a friend or take the day off work and use that time. If it's money, I ask myself how can I save / work on getting a few more dollars?
If it's family...well, I've got many coping mechanisms for that. The first and foremost is "Consider the source." They are unhealthy. Their perceptions are skewed. Not to 'brag', but I'm the only one who has sought therapy, gone to step meetings, read the bloody self-help books and come to these sorts of websites (as far as I know). So to he** with them and their opinions of me. I have taken a number of 'emotional health' assessments, and come out very well, so again to he** with them and their opinions.

Don't know if that helps you or not.

Take care of you - do something you enjoy, or just veg out if you need a day to do that (WITHOUT chastizing yourself for it later, BTW...ahem...)