Hey im new.. and not an adult

Old 09-22-2003, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey im new.. and not an adult

Hey, Im new I found this on a google search and its the only direct converstation I could find with anyone. I am 16 years old and I have an alcoholic father. Ive delt with this as long as I can remember My parents recently seperated and that only seems to have made things worse between my brother sister, me and my parents. I love my mom more than anything else in the wolrd and I would not be able to do anything i do today with out her.. my dad.. i want to hate him but I cant, I hope its ok that I came to you guys. Thanks
Old 09-22-2003, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Welcome BeautifulJune10,

You can talk to us. I'm going to see if I can find information on alateen in your area. It might help. I'll get back to you.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
MG

Old 09-22-2003, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Here is a link.

http://www.ncwsa.org/district-05.html#anchor48438

Old 09-24-2003, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My parents got divorced when I was your age...talk about timing! Like you are not going through enough at your age.

I do know my mom chose that as the time to fill me in on the gory details leading to the divorce and I felt divided. Let me clarify that...they divided me.

That is when I began to react and act out in ways that were not healthy. I am 51 now and looking back I can see it as clear as day.

I would like to suggest some sort of counceling for you. Alateen...school councelor...social service agencies. This is a hard time and you have already expressed a division of loyalties. It is ok to love both your parents. Let them deal with the rest.

Hugs,
JT
Old 09-24-2003, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is more then ok that you came in here and My heart goes out to you. You must have wanted to fix things in you life your whole life. It is a very hard thing to deal with you will find alot of support here so stick around and remember when you get peer preasure your father has drank enough so you dont have to pick up drinking or drugs. they are truley very damaging as you know.