Disappointed

Old 12-22-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Pennsylvania. It's like Transylvania without the good times.
Disappointed

Well I finally moved out two months ago. I was so excited that I would finally have my freedom. I did so well for the first two weeks. I set my boundaries, I stuck to them, and while I never got 'peace' I think I was finally able to see that maybe one day I could.

But then two weeks to the day I moved in my parents got evicted. The next thing I know they have everything from their house that they could get down here stuffed into my apartment. And they had moved in with the two dogs. I'm not allowed to have large breed dogs in my building. I was very upset. I was worried and angry mostly. I was worried I would be evicted after one month and then none of us would have anywhere to go. And I was angry that I was in that situation. It was unbelievably hectic.

But after two weeks they found a place. It is way out of their price range. I told them that but I didn't push it cause I really needed them out of here. So they moved in but they couldn't get the gas turned on so they are still up here every day to shower and eat. And within three weeks after they moved in their car was taken to impound and mom was fired from her job.

At this point it would actually be cheaper to get a new car than to get the old one out. And now they really can't afford to live there. It won't be long before they come back up here needing a place to stay again, although it kinda feels like they never left since they are up here every day. Every single day. And I'm PO'd. I'm really, really angry.

I know I didn't cause it, can't control it, and all that. But I can't give up on them. They have been like this my whole life. Logically I know they are never going to get clean, honestly I just think it's been to long. And I know they are never going to just wake up one day and have common sense. But some stupid little part of me won't stop hoping that exactly that will happen.

I just feel like I'm stuck, and if moving away from them can't unstick me nothing can. I'm really depressed and fed up. Their problems are still my problems. I thought that that would stop with the move. I have no idea what to do now. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks