Wow!! I've got self-esteem

Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow!! I've got self-esteem

OMG, where did this spring from?

As I was finishing my last post, I started to feel I'm okay - I'm really, truly okay, I've got there at long last. I have no reason to feel guilty or not good enough or "less than" other people any more.

I am a good person; I was / am a good daughter; I am a good sister; I am a good wife and I am an excellent mother. I have finally found it in me to validate myself and it feels true, not a front, not arrogance, just the quiet truth - inside.

I am a good person in my own right who is worthy and deserving of a parent's love, pride and admiration. I did not deserve my childhood or early adulthood, I did / do not deserve my parent's expectations or negative judgemental attitudes. It is my Mum's loss that she is cannot recognise the good person I am and what I have achieved so far in my life. I no longer need her love or validation (which I never had) to feel good about myself.

See me, I'm okay. Thak you SR
Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

That's wonderful! I know from my own experience how great it can feel to have such a break-through.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a fantastic epiphany, IWTH.

This shows that we really can work past the roadblocks from our childhoods... that we're not condemned to be stuck in those old mistakes. It's such a shift between frames of mind that you could not even fathom what where you are now would feel like using your frame of mind from back then
Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

just the quiet truth
Isn't that the most fantastic feeling ever? It's not manic, it's not hyper, it's not defensive. It's like sinking into a hot mental bath and soaking the cares of the world away.

Good for you! I'm very happy for you!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you too. I have those moments; they're great. Other times I'm wondering if I have any self esteem at all, and if so where it's gotten off to. I think it wanders off sometimes.