My mother is drunk again, gets redundant...

Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down My mother is drunk again, gets redundant...

Well my mom is drunk and angry and going a little crazy, insulted me for not being able to do things, things I do do, even blamed herself for getting pregnant with me which is kind of funny. She's going through the famous down and up syndrome where she gets a little sad and sorrowful then she screams about anything with me, it is kind of funny after a while to see a drunk like this... and all the insults I get... makes me realize that I do not want to be a person like that anymore, I never did, but alcohol does that to you... I am speaking from experience too, my mom has pushed me into a cabinet, insulted me brutally and so on in the past while she was drunk, and she thought it was alright... that's the other funny part, but that's where I know I'm better than her as a person. Just wish I had an outlet where I knew I was safe, sometimes my mom sure makes me feel unsafe in my own home ...
Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shunned,

Is there a reason why you have to continue living with this horrible, abusive person?

She isn't going to change, and she makes you feel unsafe for a reason: living with an alcoholic is dangerous.

What's your situation?

Hang in there
GL
Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Shunned, I'm so sorry to hear what you have to live with at the hands of your own mother. How old are you? Do you have any other family/friends nearby? Can you 'escape' to someone else's house when she is like this?

I'm glad you can learn to distance yourself emotionally from the situation when it is really bad.....remember that YOU are not the cause of her problems. You are a divine human being who deserves love and simple respect.

Hugs, HG
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
She isn't going to change, and she makes you feel unsafe for a reason: living with an alcoholic is dangerous.
Quoted for truth.

Shunned, is there any family or friends you could talk to? Is anyone else aware of your mom's drinking problem that might be able to help you out? Even if it's just a place to go after school.

When I was in high school, my AF often showed up hours late and drunk to pick me up. The mom of a close friend saw this, approached me, and told me that if I'm ever stuck at the school again waiting for my dad to simply come over to her place. It was a place much safer than inside the truck with a drunk, verbally insensitive father.

Do you have anyone you feel you can approach with this honesty? It may be worth a shot. Everyone deserves to come home to a safe place. You're not alone in what you're going through, Shunned
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I listened to all the harsh criticisms and the physical violence. I was the reason she was miserable, I was the one who couldn't do anything right, it was always my fault.

I am so glad I don't believe that any more. I did for most of my life. It was all my fault if someone I loved "went bad".

Living with an alcoholic is like living in a mental institution for the criminally insane.
Thankfully, we can get out. They don't get out till they choose to.

Just remember, alcoholics HATE themselves and have to project that self hatred onto those they "love". Don't believe one word of the criticism.