Not sure how to title this..... (Long)

Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

:ghug :ghug
Old 04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey there Astro

I'm waving at ya from up the road in Las Vegas

Congratulations on handling your dad with such admirable serenity. The recovery you are showing is a fine example of how to live this program in _all_ of our life.

Both my parents are now deceased. I was unable to establish the civil relationship you guys have. Perhaps I am a bit too forward here, but I get the impresion that you love your dad, and for that I deeply respect you. I was not able to reach that level of forgiveness and compassion with my folks.

I am sorry that he's having all these medical issues, especially with his heart. That can be very stressful. Just ask my g/f, she can tell you how many sleepless nights she's had Know that I am praying for you and your dad.

If you wanna chat, for any reason, or to talk about all the medical stuff that goes around a bad heart just give me call. That blonde bombshell of yours has my number somewhere in her phone book from the last time you guys were out here.

Mike
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Mike, thank you for your support, kind words, and most of all for putting a smile on my face, I know how understanding you are.

Dad was actually able to drive over today and visit for a bit, the stubborn old guy just wants to get out of the house. He's a little miffed at having to wait 6 weeks before he has another shot at not having to take his blood thinners, other than that his spirits seemed good.

Again, thank you
Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Astro,
Just a "good morning" to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Diane