A new Alcoholic in my life

Old 08-03-2003, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Arrow A new Alcoholic in my life

I have been dealing with alcoholism, since I can remember.. and I forgave my father for the past, and he knows what he did wrong. things are changeing between us.. and the wounds heal with him, I am starting to hate my mother in law.

My husband for a year, and I moved 15 hours away this past year. My in laws came down to visit.. My mother in law did nothing but drink. They were here for a DAY!!!! one full day. she went through two cases of beer. He has been dealing with this his whole life, and doesn' t see a problem with it..

As an addict I know I can't change peoples views. but what I am asking is how can I deal with her. How do I not let her drinking effect how I feel towards my father.. Every time she popped open another can, I just felt fear. I know that is not a good thing.

I don't know if any reads other boards or not.. but if have read my message on the NA board you will know that I am not sleeping and I am stressed over the meetings I have gone too.. this is not helping my stress..

I am mentally drained right now, and I just want to get some sleep..

I think I am going to try to do just that.. get some sleep.

night all
Old 08-04-2003, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Sweetlilbutrfly,

This is only my opinion, but I think it is your husband's responsibilty to deal with his mother.Talk to him...if he doesn't see anything wrong tell him that you do and what it is doing to you. Families can be explosive situations...if he doesn't get it then make plans to be elsewhere when she is around.

Simple? Not on your life but you have to take care of yourself above all else. If they don't like it that is not your problem.

Hugs,
JT