Need a meeting buddy...

Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a meeting buddy...

You know how they say the best way to start an exercise program is to find an exercise buddy? Well I think the best way for me to find a recovery program is to find a buddy! Is there anyone out there who hasn't been going to meetings/would like to start again, but is a bit nervous? I've gone to several when I lived in the east, but not since I moved out west. I printed out my local meetings schedule, and I think I am ready to start the recovery process again...I have been feeling SO lost lately, and I think it's time to work on that. Lemme know if any of you are interested!!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Ahimsa, good to hear from ya

You might want to post this also in the al-anon and nar-anon forums. There's a lot of folks there who could use a meeting buddy, and they could sure use a gentle nudge from you

Mike
Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a great idea, I'll do that.

Just to clear it up - I don't mean a meeting buddy in my area, I just mean someone across the country who is also nervous to go to meetings. We could pick a day that worked for both of us, go, then chat about it after....
Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cindy L

Hi Iam cindy Iam from slidell la. And i would love to have buddy. Iam new to all this and in a recovery prog.court order and i to feel like iam all by my self . what you said about need someone to stated and being nervous sounded like me and then chat mite also help me. How about us haveing a saying like this. We are AA buddys and that the best kind no one mess with AA buddy of my lol. Hope to hear from you soon. Iam going to one today.Rember this i love you but God loves you more.