Recovery from Childhood Trauma

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Post Recovery from Childhood Trauma

I just want to share with you, a website that has been very useful for me in my recovery pt.2. I believe in a Higher Power but I don't go to church...nothing against church or Christians or anything. I am soley focused on my recovery right now. This site is Christian in origin...but I have absorbed alot of what I consider health from this site and I wanted to share it. I hesitated for many months now because of its Christian nature because I didn't want to offend anyone. I respect and have gained so much from both Christian, non Christian and inbetween here on SR.

This link to nacronline.com sets up a model for healing which I found very interesting and one that I think will work for me, so I wanted to share.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Many of us will struggle with trusting God in this way. We may fear that God is like the adults who hurt us, or like the adults who did not protect us. We may fear that God is disappointed with us, has forgotten us, or is disgusted with us. Our deepest healing will be to discover that God is none of these things. God is revealed to us as "the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort," who "daily bears our burdens." God is eager to show us directly and personally how deeply loved and valued we each are. Our part is to risk inviting God to comfort us, to reveal love to us, and to open our minds and hearts to receive all the gifts of grace we need in order to fully heal."

Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Growing --

That's beautiful. I had a wise minister tell me once when I was struggling with my depression that "God loves us in all of our brokenness." I have held onto that many times when I felt either unworthy or worried too much about holding it all together.

Thanks, G -

UM