Just venting.....

Old 03-02-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Just venting.....

Oh where to begin...So my mother hasnt called since friday, in which she left a message telling me she wouldnt call anymore...lets hope this is true. So I havent really had to deal to much with her, and in that aspect life is good. On a different note...my husbands sister is dating a drug dealer...but apparently I am the only one who sees anything wrong with this...a few weeks ago she came to us to tell us that he had gotten arrested by the feds but at that point didnt know to much....well all in all he was arrested for dealing coke and had a 250,000 bond for supposedly only having 2 oz. Anyone else see a problem here?!?!?! Soo as I began to think about it I though she really needs to get away from him, nice guy or not the Feds???? SO whatever, I am a women who talks to my friends I have two (one being my sister) that I tell everything to...well my sister in law was talking with my friend and was telling her about her b/f and my friend said she knew he was in some kind of trouble, well that has now set off a huge world war apparently between my SIL and myself. She is mad because I told my friend, and under normal situations I might say sorry I didnt mean to say anything. but I don't feel like he should be worth her time...I have three young children that I WON'T let that near...and honestly when I was talking to my friend we were just trying to come up with something to help her make sense of this!!! BUt whatever so my mother in law spoke with him and he swears that he will never deal again...I just find it hard to beleive ya know....I am a very forgiving person but coke does a lot of bad things to a lot of people and I just can't understand why her mom is ok with this ya know...I feel like I am living in the twilight zone lol...so this has been eating at me and I just needed to let it out. Because more than her being mad at me, which I can live with, it just doesnt make sense. They think he is being used as a pawn to get someone else. But I find that hard to believe just because his bond was sooo high. Thats a lot of money. I feel much better now that I have it out of my system. Thank you for listening to me ramble lol...I truly love this place!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Addictions never make sense. I believe it was Mike (DesertEyes) who once told me that trying to make sense out of it is like trying to look at past winning lottery numbers to try to find a pattern - there isn't one. You can't make sense out of non-sense, or order out of chaos.

Sometimes in our lives, we have to sit back and watch good people make bad decisions, and hope they learn from it. I, too, once upon a different lifetime, dated drug dealers and addicts. It took falling a very long ways before I hit my bottom and realized I was the one common denominator in all my bad relationships. Only when *I* saw it, could I change it. Lots of other people pointed it out to me along the way, but I couldn't see it and would become defensive and hostile as I felt those people (who were trying to help me) were attacking me. Or, as someone I once knew once said "He may be an a**h***, but he's MY a**h****".

Being able to step back and allow people to trip, stumble, and skin their knees is a very hard thing to do.

Of course the story sounds fishy. It should sound fishy. I don't think I've ever met a single drug dealer (and I've known my share) who ever thought they were doing anything wrong, nor who ever completely confessed to what they were really in trouble for.