Mom drinking at work

Old 01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom drinking at work

It's been a really LONG time since I last visited this site. Most of my family are alcoholics. Fortunately, my husband is in recovery:ghug- almost 5 years now. I can't believe it!!! But Mom, she's a different story. I know she drinks at home - at night/on weekends. But I thought she really kept it together at work. She called me today (around 2:00) and went on and on. I could tell she had been drinking. I asked if she had gone out for lunch. She said she had and that she and the 'girls' at work had drank 3 bottles of wine. I decided to tell her that I could tell she had been drinking. She asked if she was slurring her speach. I told her she was talking A LOT. Usually, she doesn't talk much while she is on the phone at work.

Well, I just had to get that off my chest.
Thanks for listening!

NoDoubt:ghug
Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, NoDoubt,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Another step down that dark path......not much you c can do, as you already know. Is she putting people (besides herself) in physical danger by being drunk at work? Just wondering... Hope she finds her way.. Sounds like YOU are doing much better. Congratulations!

GL
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Sorry to hear your mom is drinking at work. I know it's frustrating, but as GL said, there's nothing you can do. It is hard to watch our loved ones hurt themselves and others with their drinking.