SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/)
-   -   I'm on to better things (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/140907-im-better-things.html)

Growing 01-04-2008 11:54 AM

I'm on to better things

Well, family....I am moving starting today...Yay!

I will see you guys in a week or so, maybe sooner if I catch a moment...I am packing today..

Many of you know this is a healthy move for me because it is soley based on what is good for me, my husband and son and not any other person, especially toxic relatives.

I am moving from the south to the north...pretty significant...kinda like the first time I moved from the south out west...

Anyhoooo....Your prayers and support would be greatly appreciated.

See you soon I hope...

Love,

Growing

GiveLove 01-04-2008 02:06 PM

Growing, safe travels and good luck with your move!!
:ghug3

DesertEyes 01-04-2008 05:53 PM

way to go, growing!!! and yes, lots of prayers going up for you guys every day.

Mike :)

Uncertain Me 01-04-2008 08:27 PM

Hey Growing --

Good luck with the move. Prayers and hope coming your way as you travel northward. I'll look forward to hearing from you again once you're settled!

UM

:You_Rock_

GingerM 01-05-2008 07:00 AM

Support from me on the physical, tactical and most importantly, emotional, aspects of your move!

Wascally Wabbit 01-05-2008 10:19 AM

Hey Growing! Good for you. You have a new place! I did the opposite move, from NY to SC!! But, the north is beautiful and I hope you love it!

Growing 01-05-2008 03:56 PM

YOU guys are the absolute.....BEST!!!!!!!!!!

I am realizing how much I need you guys (fellow acoa's). Your support is important to me.

My family and the people I talk to...they have noticed how I have changed since joining SR, to the point, where, THEY have mentioned it to me.

I've been packing like a madwoman all day! The story is, we will finish packing tommorow, and then drive to the new location Monday....We will see...LOL

I forgot to tell you guys that, I will be going back to work, myself. Hubby got the position that was the impetus for the move..but I am going back to work myself, also. That will be a huge change for me...I have been a stay-at-home-mom since 2001....worked since I was 15yrs old, before that. A challenge...yes...but I hope to really express myself in my choice of job, this time, instead of, the-usual-part-time-crap-jobs I accepted in the past...I would actually really love to work at a bookstore...don't know what the pay is...but I am hopeful for my job hunting process...may as well have a postive attitude about it!

Can't wait for the new meetings...I know it will be a serious challenge...trying out meetings, carefully considering, over time, who to be my sponsor...asking person to be my sponsor who "has the recovery I want", the step work ect..but I am looking forward to it. A new chapter in life, as they say.

Well, back to packing....ugh..

Thanks family!

Growing