Hard time being honest

Old 06-10-2003, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hard time being honest

Just wondering if anyone else in here has a really time being honest about their feelings. I look at myself and think "you are never honest about how you feel". The only feeling I allow others to see is the "happy me". You know, a great big smile. All others feelings are filtered out of existence.
Well, just wanted to share that. Bye

edit: happy that I found this forum. I have social phobia too and the other board I frequented (SAS) felt quite alien. I think this is where i belong.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow - I feel that way all the time. Always happy, perky me. Stuffing my true feelings in the back of my mind, far, far away. I don't even know if I can ever find them again. I don't ever want to have anyone cater to my feelings I guess. If I told someone I felt bad or hurt or sad, I was used to nobody really caring. I was just caring for everyone else and forgetting about my feelings. Now my feelings come out all wrong or it seems at the wrong times. Or if I did feel bad or hurt, most of the time someone would just get mad at me for feeling that way. So, needless to say, I usually don't express them. I am probably going to "EXPLODE" one day. LOL Anyways, I know just how you feel. Lolobug3
Old 06-10-2003, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I used to not only hide MY feelings I wouldn't let my family show theirs either! We could have a huge blow up and then have to go to a family thing and everyone better get there smiles on!

Hugs,
JT