Alrighty then...

Old 05-09-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Alrighty then...

...I guess I am the moderator over here. I am sure that many of you have much more time working on these issues than I do. I wanted this forum to be added so I could begin a road down this path...not because I knew anything about it.

If my experience in Alanon holds true and since this is also a 12 step program it should begin with accepting that I am powerless. Powerless over other people, places and things. Powerless over alcohol in the case of my father. Powerless over what the adults in my life chose to do and not do when I was young.

Dr. Phil says that you can't change what you don't acknowledge. That is why I am here.

I plan to get some reading material. About all I can do here is share my journey.

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-09-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulaations JT...you know I do believe that there are no coincidences and that there is a reason you are moderator of this forum. It may be your time to really take a look at these issues.

Ok, now get to work (only kidding) but I did write this long drawn out emotional post that is just sittin there. I wouldn't mind an insight or two.

Thanks

Steph
Old 05-09-2003, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Yup, I agree with Steph that you were probably led to this forum. It will be good for all of us to have it here and especially fortunate to have you as our tour guide along the way.

Hugs,
JG
Old 05-10-2003, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Thanks guys,

Steph...I will be happy to share an insite when I have one. I merely added to your thread with my own abrieviated version of my personal house of horrors. Insite??

JG...if I am the tour guide do you have the breadcrumbs??

JT
Old 05-10-2003, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

JT,

I am so glad that you are moderator for this forum. Your strength in your recovery is strong! And I really feel you will do a great job guiding alot of us down this path!

No breadcrumbs here! Once I head down here, I don't want a trail back to where I am now!!
Old 05-10-2003, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager