time to make "the call"

Old 04-12-2007, 12:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time to make "the call"

well it's time to make the hardest call I will EVER have to make

my father has been a recovering addict for the last 10 years atleast (it could be longer I dont know) he has been clean for...well if it isnt 2 years it's damn close.

but nowe I have a bad feeling, I havent spoke to him in a while and thats enough to worry me, but when you consider he never even called on my birthday last week, something he NEVER misses he ALWAYS calls on that day I am convinced that those ******* drugs have got him again, I hope I am wrong but it just isnt like him to not call on my brithday unless........ he has relapsed (and not even then even then he calls) I hope to god he is ok but I have a bad feeling about this

and it is RARE for my gut to be wrong. (not that it never happens but not often)
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

Whatever it is, already is. Nothing you do, or don't do will change that. My prayers that you can find peace no matter what is going on with your dad.

(((TK)))
Old 04-12-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

echo'ing BigSis. I'm also in sympathy with you, because even when we know there's nothing we can do about it, the bracing for the sucker punch still stinks.

Please keep us informed.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I cant do it, I cant make the call everyday I say this is gonna be the day but it never happens how do I do it? how do I stop putting it off?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Perhaps you could sign him up for well-check calls with his local police department or health department where he lives. They have that in the Chicago area anyway for older folks.Maybe there is something like that where he lives. Someone at least could be checking on him to make sure he is Ok (relatively speaking) but it would not have to be you every day. Maybe even this would involve you too much, though...but it is just a thought.

22Tango